Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one else do this?

Any one else do this?

So, Have to take King Bubba (my Truck) in to get some work done tomorrow. Just spent 2 hours cleaning out the inside and giving him a wash so I'd feel comfortable having the shop guys look at it.

Previously, there was enough Bucky Fur in it to knit a sweater, and junk piled seat high in the back. All that's in there now is the owners manual, registration, and insurance form...

Even took the old seat covers off. for a 10 year old truck, the interior looks like it just came off the lot, well, except for the dog hair in the carpet that wouldn't come out....

Just couldn't see taking him in to the dealer looking like a trash heap...

Oh, and Sharon just ordered new seat covers for me. Whatta Gal

I only clean my car out of all the valuables. But i dont have seat covers or a dog
    cheers

don't even take the coffee cups out of it.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits View Post
    don't even take the coffee cups out of it.
    and I bitch if they don't vacuum it out...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

You mean to tell me that you are supposed to Vacuum and Wash your truck????!! News to me...I thought that was what a heavy rain was for.

Yeah, I do that too, I think that if the mechanics see the vehicle in a state, then they don't respect it and will not do their best work, if they see it in very nice shape, obviously cared for and clean, then they too will take extra care.

Just my theory, could be dead wrong
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Thanks Stu, I think that's a big part of it.

Anywho, Bubba is looking pretty good now and will be in great shape when we go camping in a few weeks...

Mechanics? Haven't used one in years...probably should though.

My only "New" truck shelled the transmission at about 40k and was in the shop about every two weeks. Went back to old beaters and other than an occasional oil change, they keep on ticking (no really they tick )
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Yeah, but there are a couple of recalls I need to get addressed, and we are planning on going on some long distance camping trips, so just want to have someone give Bubba the once over. Last couple of trips I've had a few issues that really could have been a problem if they happened in the wrong place.

As an added bonus, he'll be ready for the trip,so saved a little work there by doing it today...