Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple More tables for the church.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Couple More tables for the church.

These were forgotten at the time of the original order and I have decided that I would donate them. They will be the same style as the other table but since they need em in a hurry I won't do the Mortice and tenion like I did on the original one also since they are in a rush I'll used maple plywood and edge band the plywood. I went out this afternoon and picked up the edge banding material from Woodcraft then I came home and cut up all the pieces. Nether of these table will be on the altar, one will be a side table for the altar servers to put the book on that the priest uses. It will be 24x24 and 19" high.

The other will be in the middle of the church and is used for holding the gifts until they are brought up to the Altar. It will be 24x18 and 28" high.

Tomarrow I'll do the glue ups and start finishing them and hopefully finish the finish work on Sunday and Monday for delivery on Tuesday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1683.JPG   IMG_1684.JPG  
    Last edited by Don Baer; 09-25-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

questions, comments, critacisms are welcome.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

keep going big d!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

That is a quick turn around Don Good of you being able to meet the schedule Better on the donation

Mighty nice of you Don

I enjoy watching your builds.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Nice gesture on your part Don. Well done.

well I didn't get as much done on these as I wanted since I had to many distraction. The main one being spending most of the day looking for my heat gun to apply the edge banding. I finaly gave up and and went and got LOML's hair dryer It work to apply the banding but it a lot slower.

One of the challenges since I am not using M/T joints and am using sheet good for everything but the legs is how to join them. Well pocket screws and glue was my choice but I need a way to make sure that all of the skirts were just the same leaving the illusion of M/T joints. I came up with this fixture or is it a jigg, oh well who cares. I took a scrap piece of ply and another piece the thickness what I wanted the apron to be set back from the fronts of the table legs. I glued em together and walla a jigg, or is it a fixture..

Here are the table with the tops just set in place the smaller one needs the edge banding yet, I'll do that tomarrow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1685.JPG   IMG_1686.JPG   IMG_1688.JPG   IMG_1687.JPG  
    Last edited by Don Baer; 09-26-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    well I didn't get as much done on these as I wanted since I had to many distraction. The main one being spending most of the day looking for my heat gun to apply the edge banding. I finaly gave up and and went and got LOML's hair dryer It work to apply the banding but it a lot slower.
    I can't tell you how much time I was looking for things. I tend to just budget it in to my daily activities anymore....

Those tables are looking pretty nice Don!

I just lay the apron on top of the spacer , one small piece on each end of the apron, flat on the workbench, put a leg on each side, clamp them from the top, and screw in both legs at once.

Looking great Don - well done.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com