Sue burns my work

Sue (my wife) has always done sketchs in pencil and pen and ink but fairly recently started doing pyrography as well. This is the before and after of the latest piece.

My original bowl was like this until Sue got her hands on it

And made this out of it

The spalted ash looked dirty rather than attractive so I have to say it's a vast improvement IMHO.

Pete

Pete contrary to others I don't like it. While sue could have made a band of decoration , what she ended up doing was to take over the actual turning. some times less is more and for my personal opinion I think she went overboard. JMHO. I hope I don't offend you our sue.

i think its a british thing pete:rofl: it took you folks a long time to see the edge wasnt there on the world:) the bowl looks nice, but i too think a little less of it inside and a band of it on the outside may have been better..sometime seeing the contrast between the good and the ugly helps us see the whole picture..but yu know i am not a spinny guy so my eyes are cloudy already:)

I can see what Don is saying, and I agree with you Pete, wood wasn't that spectacular to begin with, so the burn treatment did help make it a really nice piece now.

I definitely admire your wife's talent (and yours also). I like it. If it had been a prettier piece of wood it would have been too much but fits well on this piece. I got a real nice burning set for Christmas last year. I need to get using it.

I will throw my hat in with those that have said if the wood was a great piece of wood in the beginning it would have been different. But the craftsmanship in the burning adds a great deal for me. I like the burning incredible how it follows the funnel in scale. You both got a lot of talent.:thumb:

Oh Pete tell Larry he aint seen Spanish gold inlay work and how busy that can get.:D