Thread: Just playing around a bit...

Just playing around a bit...

Hi folks!

A few weeks ago I posted some pics of a wooden deer head sculpture that I made. It came out pretty nice but I wanted it just a little bit bigger. I did make a larger one and I'll put up some pics of that one later. Those were pretty fun projects and it got me thinking. I wanted to see about making some more similar "sculptures" of my own instead of just copying an existing design. I was trying to think of an item that wouldn't be too difficult to start with. Then it hit me. My son is a big time skateboarder and that was it. A representation of a skateboard should be a good place to start. I figured he could just put it in his room as decoration. I had some left over Baltic Birch from the second deer head that I did so I got to work. It wasn't going to be an exact replica but a representation of what a skateboard looks like so it didn't have to be perfect. I had to figure out how to make the pieces fit together and still look realistic. It wasn't really as hard as I thought it would be. Here's what I came up with. I kind of like it! I can't wait so try something else.

boardsculpture1 by Budster48309, on Flickr

boardsculpture2 by Budster48309, on Flickr
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

looks like a skateboard to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Madha View Post
    looks like a skateboard to me.
    I guess it's mission accomplished then.

Thanks!

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

I like it. Gotta love thinking outside of the box.