tv stand

Dan Noren

Staff member
my wife and i realized with the new tv, that it was lower than we were comfortable with in the old tv's location.:( since it was too low, the only thing to do was to design a stand for it. it's quick and dirty, and a bit different for me:eek:. i went with the split top just for the fun of it:D, and it will be made of the quartersawn white oak that i picked up for it today.:thumb:

Attachments

• tv stand.jpg
    tv stand.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 21
Great solution Dan. Yours is much more refined that the thing a slam-banged together for LOML's bedroom TV. Same problem though. That oughta do the trickand do it with some class.

...and the big guy said, let him have fun on his last day off, and so it was.:D with the parts for the top cut, and the leg parts glued up, it was time to finish the legs and glue it all together. once again, i have fallen in love with my new bandsaw, and don't regret waving adios to the old one. :wave: everything went easier than i thought it would, and when i got it home, my measurements were so on, that i only had about a quarter of an inch to spare.:thumb: i may shellac it, or leave it as is for now, that decision is for some time down the road.

Attachments

• top with spacer in clamps.JPG
    top with spacer in clamps.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 23
  • nephew learning art of disassembly.JPG
    nephew learning art of disassembly.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 24
  • top and legs dry fitted.jpg
    top and legs dry fitted.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
  • legs glued to the top parts.JPG
    legs glued to the top parts.JPG