Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snew

snew

what's snew?

not much what's new with you?

*badum-dum* *cymbal crash*

well y'all, here ya go: it isn't really all that cold today, but we are getting lots of pretty lake effect. at around 12:45 I went out to shovel, at 1:15 I took the following photo

when I shoveled, I cleaned off my windshield. not that you can really tell.

see the snow pile on the roof? That's since wednesday afternoon.

now, this isn't bad, really. Pulaski and Oswego NY just northwest of me have gotten really dumped on, thanks to a solid week of just about non-stop lake effect. Even made the national news from what I hear.
    -Ned

You DID make the news out here last night. Our weather nerd apparently lived in the area and got off on a 20 second description of the effect while the anchors just looked at him like he was some kind of witch doctor.

Out here, snow's a novelty. I talk about growing up in MN and the 4' drifts we saw and they get all giddy. I tell 'em how much snow really does suck and they look like I kicked their puppy. They actually seek out bad weather up in the mountains ... it's crazy. They can't drive in a small rain shower much less an ice storm.

I'll take 'em over what's snew... any day of the year
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Used to live in Rochester, I can feel your pain!

Moved to Philadelphia, still had snow

Now we're in Florida, no snow but what the hay, just so we aren't bored we get a hurrican now and then!

Guess you're going to have weather where ever you live.

Jay

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Hey Ned, Looks like you're getting the whole lake! Save some for the fish

We don't get much in this part of NM. Most folks don't even have a snow shovel. When we got an actual snow storm last month, the hardware stores sold out right away. A friend of ours sent her teenage boys out with dustpans to "shovel" the sidewalk of 15 inches of snow
    Don't believe everything you think!

That's what I like about the South!

and...yes, you guys have made the news!

Saw a lot of coverage about Oswego this morning on the weather channel (MTV for old people). Gotta tell ya, been a real long time since Boise saw that much snow!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    .... the weather channel (MTV for old people).
    MTV for old people, but yeah, there's something to that.

Snow on, dude
    Don't believe everything you think!

I love Arkansas. Cloudy and about 35 degrees today and I'm griping about the lousy weather. No snew here.

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Hi Ned
    Those are some beautiful pictures. I was raised in Indiana, those could be pictures of home.
    I'm here to tell you though, they look much better sitting here in my Florida living room with the windows open and my sleeves rolled up.

Although I'll admit, I'll never get use to hanging christmas lights on palmetto bushes.

Don

122"!

just for fun watched the weather report; the town of redfield, which is north of Oneida Lake (I live on the south shore of Oneida lake) reported 122"of snow since last saturday when this 'event' started.

we've got roughly a foot or so in our yard, once it all packs down.
    I didn't really look at those pics until you said how they looked nice Don. I'm impressed with my 'new' digi camera, quite the depth of field, eh?
    -Ned