Student finds

Well, some things have gotten through to at least a couple of my students. Last year due to water and heat damage a student was helping dispose of a baby grand piano. He noticed some lamination on a board (the sounding board). It had funky colors and laminated quite well. So, he went back with a battery powered sawzall and cut the laminated boards out. Provided me the opportunity to give my mom the baby grand she always wanted (at least in pen form!)
Well, the other day a student from last year comes to my room. He says he has something for me. He is working at a body shop that restores antique cars and planes. Well he is taking a 1926 Model T Roadster apart. He asks the owner of the body shop if he can have some of the wood. He (the student) says, "you should have seen his face when I asked!". He goes on to say, "my teacher can make a pen out of this, he made one out of fruit loops, this will be easy!". So I have some cut into blanks. Pictures are taken, but are on three different cameras and all three are at school. So thought I would do the explanation and eventually get the pictures for you folks before Don sends a warrant out for me!!
Actually am making a pen for my dad from the Model T wood as well as for the student, his boss and the owner of the T. Sending them to Pete Simmons to be engraved and have taken pictures of the process for documentation for the pens if that is what the owner will want. Who knows, might be another avenue for pen making!!! :dunno::dunno::huh::rofl::rofl::rofl: So, you all have to use your imaginations until I get the pictures posted. I just thought it neat that mom got her baby grand and now dad gets a Model T!!!! :thumb::thumb:

Interesting pieces Im sure. I've done a couple sentimental pens, and have considered the "historical landmark" series..NOT the actual landmark but from something turnable at the site!
Looking forward to seeing these!
mj