Little Different Bottle Stopper

Paul Douglass

I thought I'd post this. You don't see too many of them made. I just finish my first one this A.M. It was really fun to work with and a little more challenging than that the more common type. It is what I call a Ginter style because I bought the hardware from Ginter Enterprises. The nice thing about them is they seal tight and won't pop out. The bad thing is they take two hands to seal.

500IMG_2425-1.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool Paul. I've seen that kind of stopper before in the stores, but never a hardware kit for making wooden ones. I'll have to go look Ginter Emterprises up. ;)

I thought I'd post this. You don't see too many of them made. I just finish my first one this A.M. It was really fun to work with and a little more challenging than that the more common type. It is what I call a Ginter style because I bought the hardware from Ginter Enterprises. The nice thing about them is they seal tight and won't pop out. The bad thing is they take two hands to seal.

Those are pretty nice, and nicely done. I have 5 kits that I bought a while back from Mr. Ginter... I made one, but didn't like it all that much, so haven't done the other kits yet...part of my dislike may have been that I didn't do so well on the one I did try.....

I do a "hidden cork" type that looks similar when installed, but doesn't work the same... they do well for me.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Mine certainly didn't turn out as nice as the ones shown on his site. But, it was a practice run and I figured if I muffed it too badly I can salvage the parts and reuse them, which I probably well do. They are a little more challenging though and therefore a little more fun to tinker with. I feel the same effect could be accomplished with the SS bottle stopper just by inserting them into the wood top. Something I plan to try one of these days. By the way I purchased some grape vine wood from an old vineyard that was removed in Australia. I'm really anxious to play with some stoppers out of it when it get dry enough.