Superficial Spreading Melanoma.....?

No big deal - it's just that they mess up my pretty face... :rofl: :rofl:

I remember when I had my face cut apart, I mentioned the same thing to the oncologist and plastic surgeon.
The plastic surgeon looked at my face for around 10-15 seconds, and said, dont worry, I cant do any worse. And the sad thing was I think he was serious.
But his honesty immediately built my confidence in him.
back to my box outside, my first day in weeks Im spending with wood.

Now listen here. I want you two to stop fooling around and get back to being your usual wonderful selves. My best to both of you.

I'm back from the hospital.

Hurt like the dickens :eek:

They kept giving me more local shots, but they kept having to dig deeper, did I say it hurt.... :eek: :( Now the pain shots are wearing off, and oh does it ache, I've taken the pain pills they prescribed, I hope they kick in soon.

The surgeon said that for sure they will have to go in and remove more at a later date, and depending on the biopsy, they might also have to remove one or more lymph nodes.

I must say I'm concerned, but there is not much more I can do now than wait. They say ten days to two weeks for the biopsy results.

Cheers! :wave:

Last edited:
Hang in there Buddy. It's no fun, I know. Mine was on the inside, yours' is on the outside, but it's still not good at all.

Prayers coming your way.

And to you also Jim.

Hope to hear good news from both of you.

Aloha, Tony

I knew there was a reason I didn't lose any weight!!!! ;):rofl:
Hey man, weight loss, plastic surgery, oooops, you can't cut your fingerprints off with your table saw, oh yeah, you got a super duper sander. So, if I see a crime spree in Tokyo, will wonder :huh: is that our ole Stu baby?? :dunno: :rofl:
My dad's last one was where his glasses sit on his nose, they went under the nose dang near to the other side. He did say the other day that he can again breathe through his nose easily. But man, black eyes, an eye patch, he looked rough for a few days. Hang in and hang on buddy, this to will pass and the good Lord is smiling on you and Emiko. Don't forget to talk with the girls over the phone, keep them informed but share that this is a pro active approach and in the end is a step to keeping you healthier. Wide brimmed hats and sunscreen.

Last edited:
...there is not much more I can do now than wait. They say ten days to two weeks for the biopsy results.

Cheers! :wave:

Yeah, the waiting is the worst part - or actually, it's the 'not knowing' part.

Anyway, try to anticipate the best. Hopefully you're done, and it's over with, and there won't be any recurrences.

Best of luck!

I knew there was a reason I didn't lose any weight!!!! ;):rofl:
Hey man, weight loss, plastic surgery, oooops, you can't cut your fingerprints off with your table saw, oh yeah, you got a super duper sander. So, if I see a crime spree in Tokyo, will wonder :huh: is that our ole Stu baby?? :dunno: :rofl:
My dad's last one was where his glasses sit on his nose, they went under the nose dang near to the other side. He did say the other day that he can again breathe through his nose easily. But man, black eyes, an eye patch, he looked rough for a few days. Hang in and hang on buddy, this to will pass and the good Lord is smiling on you and Niko. Don't forget to talk with the girls over the phone, keep them informed but share that this is a pro active approach and in the end is a step to keeping you healthier. Wide brimmed hats and sunscreen.

Emiko and I are doing fine, she has to work all day in my place, not much I can do about that :(

My youngest daughter, Mizuki who still lives here in in the loop, but we have keep my mom and dad and eldest daughter out of the loop, until we know more, no need to worry them, as my mom is just getting over having a hysterectomy.

Your comment about wide brimmed hats and sun screen, oh yeah, you bet......

livestrong_oct2nd_2010_7.jpg

I'm the guy on the far right, I think I put sunscreen on three times that day, and the wide brimmed hat was on when the helmet was not.

After all, I'm not really white, I'm kind of pinkish :eek: :wave:

Jim, they said they will have to go in deeper a second time, the test results will tell them if they have to also remove the lymph gland or do more. I think you said that a few times on some of your melanomas they had to go back a second time, right?

Thinking positive thoughts and taking my meds on time :D

Thanks everyone for letting me share this chapter with you all, and for all your thoughts, prayers and good vibes, I do appreciate it :thumb:

My apologies to Emiko for getting her name wrong. They have gone back twice on dad a few times. The one on his left cheek they are doing next Friday now because of his blood sugar levels. Anyway, hang tough, appreciate your family's help and think positive thoughts. Prayers sent.

Hang in there, Stu.

But you might rethink you decision to keep the rest of the family out of the loop. You may think it a kindness. It's not to them. They love you and want to be on the front lines right with you.

And since we are, they should be also. Not allowing them may well make them angry. Just sayin...

Meanwhile, know God is there with you, just as we have prayed. Your healing is in divine hands. But remember the time frame and the details are God's. Try to be patient and not too stressed.