Patience and staying "cool" PAYS!

In December 2007 we purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator, with a one year warranty. We kept in storage until April of 2008 while we were remolding the kitchen.

Today the control panel, which operates the water and ice dispensing paddles went out and the replacement cost is $250.00 plus $85.00 labor. The service tech suggested I call Frigidaire and see if they would cover any of the cost even though it's out of warranty. He said sometimes they will and it may be worth a try.

I called and spoke to a customer service rep, explained my problem and thought that $335.00 dollar repair on a $750.00 unit in two years is a little steep. Three different times she politely explained that I was out of warranty and there was nothing they could or would do. I thanked her and said I realize that she was doing her job, but I wanted to speak to someone with more authority then she has.

She put me on hold and I stayed on hold for exactly 35 minutes, listening to elevator music. A recorded voice came on the line and said their hours were from 8am t0 5pm please call back during normal working hours. I hung up and redialed the number and as luck would have it I got the same customer rep. I said that I had been on hold for 35 minutes and mentioned the recorded message. She apologized and put me on hold again. 20 minutes later she gets on the line and informed me that they will give me a concession number which I'm to give to the authorized repair center and Frigidaire will pay for the cost of the part.

The only part of this that upsets me is that my wife had to remind me that I wasn't yelling, cussing at the rep and I had the patience to stay on hold rather than hang-up. and I should be this mellow all the time, I know she'll expect me to and I'll be reminded of this every time I'm not

What makes this extra nice is that yesterday my hot water heater went out, If I would of had to incur the cost of both units I would have had to cancel my Rockler order.

What makes this extra nice is that yesterday my hot water heater went out, If I would of had to incur the cost of both units I would have had to cancel my Rockler order.

:eek:Heaven forbid, I just spent $231 to have a guys come out and tell me I had a freon leak in the condencer in one of my AC units, he said that the replacement was covered under warrantte but the cost of him putting in the unit along with the Freon was not covered so I'll be out another $231.00
:(

well good for you jiggs,, we still havnt received credit for part that sears sent that wasnt even close to being right and that we returned and they said they would credit our account but it hasnt happend and its been 3 weeks.. even the guy coming out to get the part we couldnt drop it anywhere they wanted to pick it up and ,,he said it wasnt right just form looking at the name on the part box.. so you are ahead of the game... and hey hot water is over rated cold water works just fine you just need to use it quicker and not soak:) in it:rofl::rofl:

Glad you got a good response Jiggs. Persistence and being nice usually pays off................Unless you are dealing with Sears.
We bought a new dishwasher about 4 years ago. Not the top of the line Kenmore about the middle of the road. Cost about $400.00
For the last 8 months the tines (?) in the top and bottom baskets that hold the dishes are rusting and breaking. Some have rusted through so much that we cant put glasses in that spot or they will fall through. Some of the tops of the tines are rusted to a point and are pretty sharp. (these are the plastic coated metal rods that stick up and hold glasses)
6 calls to Sears over the past 6 month has been a frustrating experience. They claim it's not their fault and expect me to buy new top and bottom baskets for $80.00 each plus pay service calls. Calls to supervisors have fallen on deaf ears. My last call to them was my last. The customer service rep said they were wearing out because of improper loading of dishes. My response was that the obvious problem is that I actually tried to wash dishes in it.
So, calls to the BBB today along with another letter to Sears with my complaints.
When the kids asked us what we wanted for our anniversary Nov.13th (they usually chip in and give us a weekend away somewhere) we told them a new dishwasher would be nice as long as it wasn't from Sears.
The well is dry anyway. Couldn't use the dishwasher now anyway:rofl::rofl:

Well Jiggs while your method works why better than mine. I still feel more satisfied telling them what I really think of them. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know what you mean about being a hot head. Been there done that LOL. I'm lucky , my younger brother is a service technician on appliances and he's putting in 2 new AC Heater units in the shop for me at his cost. Did you know that a through the wall Heat pump 2 ton unit that sells for 5K can be bought for 2K .......if you know the right person.

I know what you mean about being a hot head. Been there done that LOL. I'm lucky , my younger brother is a service technician on appliances and he's putting in 2 new AC Heater units in the shop for me at his cost. Did you know that a through the wall Heat pump 2 ton unit that sells for 5K can be bought for 2K .......if you know the right person.

My brother was an HVAC guy before he passed. We were planning on putting in a heat/air unit at my old house. I had gotten a couple of bids for kicks and they were around 5 grand. He could get the parts at his cost for around 1500. He passed before we did it, my procrastination bit me in the but again. I ended up dropping the 5 grand for someone else to do it.