Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road trip needed...

Road trip needed...

...for a couple of short logs (4+ feet each, 7-8" dia and 11-12" dia).

I was hoping some snow birds that migrate from the Midwest (Indiana) to the Southwest (Arizona) might have room for two hitchhiking chucks of lovely wood.

Or maybe there are some family members that will pass them along if a direct route isn't possible.

Don't know that this has been tried before, but, hey, with this family anything is possible.

These are for spinny stuff and I am sure proper rewards are possible for participation in this cross-country tour de wood - for wood! Go figure!

are these going from your place to the midwest or the other way around carol???
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

From Indiana to Arizona.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Guess I assumed most people knew snowbirds flew south in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    From Indiana to Arizona.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Guess I assumed most people knew snowbirds flew south in the winter.
    Looks like we sold our house in Indiana and I'll be moving my bride to Idaho in mid November. Coming across I-80 to Utah, then up I-84. I can drop them off anywhere along that route.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

A few days too late...my parents just arrived in AZ yesterday. Spoke with them a little while ago and they said their friends from Indiana were already there too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Darren, Your parents came about a week to early. Not going to be blow 100 till next week.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Darren, Your parents came about a week to early. Not going to be blow 100 till next week.
    That's OK, I think Dad was cold anyway. The blood thinners do a number on him now days.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Carol - Any update on this? Were you able to arrange transportation?

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Thanks for the bump, Rennie. No you were the only one who responded thus far. What is your route back from the Midwest and the time frame? Maybe someone can hook up. I am willing to drive a few hundred miles north, like Salt Lake, maybe.

If all goes according to plan.....

I'll be leaving Elkhart on the morning of 11/19. From there I have stops in Des Moines (11/19) and Palmer, IA (11/20). Then down to Lincoln, NE (11/20), Loveland, CO, (11/21) Little America, WY (11/22). My route will be along I-80 except for the detours in IA and CO. Over the mountains to Ogden where I pick up I-84 to Boise 11/23).

If I can meet up with anyone along the way to move your wood I'd be happy to do so. We're on a tight schedule, so I can't promise much social time (apologies to Rex, Jeff and his dad and any others in IA that I will not be able to meet up with on this trip) (though I might sneak a few minutes in the Woodsmith store)
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 10-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.

www.wrworkshop.com