Thread: 5560 Members

5560 Members

We have 5560 members listed on the member list, last I checked 64 members have voted. Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach? Are most people that apathetic? Or do we need to purge our member list? Or am I just being to thin skinned?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I think that 64 pretty well represents those really active here.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Actually, Jonathan, having 64 members voting in the first two days is a pretty good response - for this group, anyway. Yes, it's a shame more Members don't participate, but this election is actually showing more voter activity that any past election that I recall.

If I recall correctly, we've actually had elections where just over thirty votes got people elected.

It would be great if we could at least count the votes into the hundreds, and greater yet if we could count to a thousand, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    We have 5560 members listed on the member list, last I checked 64 members have voted. Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach? Are most people that apathetic? Or do we need to purge our member list? Or am I just being to thin skinned?
    That's the total number, there are almost 1000 active members (people that have signed in over the past 90 days). Of the 1000 are members that joined, but just didn't stick around, but many are people that joined years ago out of the 5560 that came back to check in, so we won't purge the list. Even members that requested account removals get left, we just lock the accounts and move them to a special group in case they change their minds.

Jim and Frank are right, we have an average group that participates, but others are more than welcome to join in. The vote has been a good turn out...big thanks to all that promoted it.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

As was said you probably REALLY have 100 members that are really active and use the forum. So 64 is about right I would say. If we had 100 vote I would be very surprised.

And remember, some people will read and never post a word. They don't care that is not (IMO) a bad thing. They come to read and learn and don't care about how or who runs it. That is just normal for any forum I have been on.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Yeah Jon, I wouldn't bum out about that.......I thought 60-something was pretty good. Like Jeff said, there are a lot of people who will read all the time, but just don't post (and don't vote). They think this is a valuable place, we just don't notice or feel their presence. It might be good if one of the moderators posted something every day this week about voting. I'm not sure it's obvious to newcomers.....

Cynthia
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie