5560 Members

We have 5560 members listed on the member list, last I checked 64 members have voted. Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach? Are most people that apathetic? Or do we need to purge our member list? Or am I just being to thin skinned? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Actually, Jonathan, having 64 members voting in the first two days is a pretty good response - for this group, anyway. Yes, it's a shame more Members don't participate, but this election is actually showing more voter activity that any past election that I recall.

If I recall correctly, we've actually had elections where just over thirty votes got people elected.

It would be great if we could at least count the votes into the hundreds, and greater yet if we could count to a thousand, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

We have 5560 members listed on the member list, last I checked 64 members have voted. Anyone else feel a little sick to their stomach? Are most people that apathetic? Or do we need to purge our member list? Or am I just being to thin skinned? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

That's the total number, there are almost 1000 active members (people that have signed in over the past 90 days). Of the 1000 are members that joined, but just didn't stick around, but many are people that joined years ago out of the 5560 that came back to check in, so we won't purge the list. Even members that requested account removals get left, we just lock the accounts and move them to a special group in case they change their minds.

Jim and Frank are right, we have an average group that participates, but others are more than welcome to join in. The vote has been a good turn out...big thanks to all that promoted it. :wave:

As was said you probably REALLY have 100 members that are really active and use the forum. So 64 is about right I would say. If we had 100 vote I would be very surprised.

And remember, some people will read and never post a word. They don't care that is not (IMO) a bad thing. They come to read and learn and don't care about how or who runs it. That is just normal for any forum I have been on.

Yeah Jon, I wouldn't bum out about that.......I thought 60-something was pretty good. Like Jeff said, there are a lot of people who will read all the time, but just don't post (and don't vote). They think this is a valuable place, we just don't notice or feel their presence. It might be good if one of the moderators posted something every day this week about voting. I'm not sure it's obvious to newcomers.....

Cynthia:thumb: