Michigan swap meet and lumber heist

Steve Ash

Just wanted to post this in advance for all you Michigan, Indiana, Ohio woodworkers...well anyone can come that wants to drive to it. It is our 1st Annual South East Michigan Woodworkers swap meet and lumber heist. Saturday, May 5th, Noon - 5pm.

This event will be hosted at a good friends shop just South of Ypsilanti, MI. Some of you may know him as Just George on another forum. It is his idea to host this event (no charge) and will hopefully consist of tools, machines and lumber for the woodworker.

Also, Steve Van Osdol of Hickory & Oak Sawmilling will also be bringing a load of lumber that day. If there is something special you'd like to pre order feel free to email him at HickoryOak@hotmail.com or call him at (269) 423-8178

If any of you would like to come to our swap meet and want directions, just PM me. I'll add more to this post as it is needed.

Hope to see some of you there.:thumb:

That's tempting, Steve... looks like it'd be a 3hr drive for me. I watch this space as more details/plans spill out.

(hmm, if John Hart gets invited, this would be a good place to buy/trade some of those monster walnut slabs he's uncovered...)

(hmm, if John Hart gets invited, this would be a good place to buy/trade some of those monster walnut slabs he's uncovered...)

Well anyone is invited Art, if you want to PM him and tell him about it, that would also be great. John is a member here at FW maybe he'll see this and be able to make it.

Also Dave ( Just George ) asked me to include his email address here on this thread in case anyone had any questions for him.

Just_George@att.net

This is open to anyone on any forum all you got to do is just make it out to Daves place, bring what you want to sell, buy what you need or want, order some lumber and pick it up that day.

I'm looking forward to meeting some more woodworkers that I share the keyboards with..it should be a good time and a lot of fun.

Jim, I just sold my old saw and picking up my older saw tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve(Van Osdol) has been coming out to Illinois/Indiana area for a while now. I can't think of greater guy to business with. If your looking for good hardwood at Great price he's the man. I have to check the calender but hope to make out. If for nothing else for a "meet and Greet". I might have my 40yr old 14" Delta band saw up for sale. If there's anyone in the market out there for one. Hint,Hint.;)

Last edited:
Steve(Van Osdol) has been coming out to Illinois/Indiana area for a while now. I can't think of greater guy to business with. If your looking for good hardwood at Great price he's the man. I have to check the calender but hope to make out. If for nothing else for a "meet and Greet". I might have my 40yr old 14" Delta band saw up for sale. If there's anyone in the market out there for one. Hint,Hint.;)

Meet and Greet ain't a bad idea Russ, if you are interested in selling that bandsaw I can PM you the link to our groups forum and you could put in a little info and tell anyone who may be inteested you would deliver it that day....hope you can make it out.

I've never bought from Steve (Van Osdol), but I have heard he is a pretty fair guy.

Cinco de Mayo. :thumb:

What time did you schedule the limo to pick me up Steve? :dunno: That's the limo to the airport where the Lear will be waiting to wisk me off to Ypsilanti :huh: Michigan.

Just want to make sure I'm ready when it shows up. :D

Karl

Weather was perfect. Lot's of sellers showed up. We needed more buyers:( . There was a wide choice of tools, mostly on the power tool side. Some old iron showed up. Lots and lots of lumber for sale. I saw lots of lumber change hands as well as trinkets. There were lots of "yard sale" type tools, you know, the older cheapie stuff. I would have liked to see more hand tools. The only thing I waned was a spindle sander or belt/disc sander, the only thing close was an old 12" disc sander but I'm not into restoring tools before I can use them.

Left the house without my camera:doh: . Sorry.