Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: word of causion

word of causion

My son Jarrod just had a big 55 pound Iron Vice fall on him that was stored on top of a wall locker. For some strange reason it worked loose and dropped on his shoulder. He's ok but bruised up and sore. We are going around and taking all heavy objects off any high places.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    My son Jarrod just had a big 55 pound Iron Vice fall on him that was stored on top of a wall locker. For some strange reason it worked loose and dropped on his shoulder. He's ok but bruised up and sore. We are going around and taking all heavy objects off any high places.
    We lived in Southern California for thirty years, and learned early on not to store heavy items up high. We also learned to bolt all high furniture to the wall, and use "Quake-Hold" putty on everything else.

Glad Jarrod wasn't seriously hurt. That coulda been a disaster!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

That's a good reminder for everyone. I know several people who have never though of the consequences of poor placement of heavy items for storage.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Glad he wasn't hurt, but keep a close eye on that shoulder. They are a very fragile area. I know from experience.

I know he is sore but he can not be to sore he is headed out for an evening bow hunt. He said it will have to be a big buck for him to pull his bow back and take his mind off the hurt. Kids, invincible
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Dave glad to read he is only sore. Sounds like his priorities are in the right spots though, hunt regardless!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Glad he is OK. SoCal native here; all tall floor standing objects or objects stored overhead are not reliant on gravity to keep them in place. No matter where or how well they are tucked.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Wow, glad he's ok. I bet that hurt. Scary stuff.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well it could have been worse it could have hit him in the head instead of the shoulder. well in the case of my son maybe he would have been better off getting hit in the head.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

My wife, Glenn's mother, had a Schwinn exercise bike fall on her. She got the works at the hospital. Turned out OK. However, I have to second, third, etc, etc. what Glenn said...If you live in California and it is up higher than your knees, it better be well anchored...Gravity has a way of changing directions around here.

Enjoy,

Jim

Actually I think it was during an earthquake that Glenn got dropped on his head. Love ya kid.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER