word of causion

My son Jarrod just had a big 55 pound Iron Vice fall on him that was stored on top of a wall locker. For some strange reason it worked loose and dropped on his shoulder. He's ok but bruised up and sore. We are going around and taking all heavy objects off any high places.

My son Jarrod just had a big 55 pound Iron Vice fall on him that was stored on top of a wall locker. For some strange reason it worked loose and dropped on his shoulder. He's ok but bruised up and sore. We are going around and taking all heavy objects off any high places.

We lived in Southern California for thirty years, and learned early on not to store heavy items up high. We also learned to bolt all high furniture to the wall, and use "Quake-Hold" putty on everything else.

Glad Jarrod wasn't seriously hurt. That coulda been a disaster!

I know he is sore but he can not be to sore he is headed out for an evening bow hunt. He said it will have to be a big buck for him to pull his bow back and take his mind off the hurt. Kids, invincible:huh:

Glad he is OK. SoCal native here; all tall floor standing objects or objects stored overhead are not reliant on gravity to keep them in place. No matter where or how well they are tucked. :thumb:

My wife, Glenn's mother, had a Schwinn exercise bike fall on her. She got the works at the hospital. Turned out OK. However, I have to second, third, etc, etc. what Glenn said...If you live in California and it is up higher than your knees, it better be well anchored...Gravity has a way of changing directions around here.

Enjoy,

Jim

Actually I think it was during an earthquake that Glenn got dropped on his head. Love ya kid.