Log end tables

Jeff Bower

A few months ago I was going thru my turning wood stash and found that I had a few pieces that were to spalted to turn, but they were dry so I thought I could get them sanded up and make a side table or two. I made one and put it in the living room. My SIL saw it and said she wanted 3 of them for here living room. She took the first one home that day. She and my BIL had just redone their kitchen and due to an ordering error they had 10 boxes of floor tile left over. They gave it to me to redo my entry and kitchen so I owed them. The first 2 pics shows them at my SIL's house. The middle one is oak and the other 2 are spalted maple.

The 3rd pic shows the one I made from of an old hickory log my MIL gave me from a tree that had come down by her cabin. I just turned it into a cylinder on the lathe. If she wants it, it's hers, if not my wife claimed it for our living room. I used general finish wipe on gloss for the square ones and just danish oil on the round one. The legs are just 5/8' cold rolled steel painted black.

Attachments

• p_00013.jpg
    p_00013.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 100
  • p_00012.jpg
    p_00012.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 89
  • p_00043.jpg
    p_00043.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 88