Bench top planers

Make sure that the serial number is greater than 200440 or you will need to take it in for a "fix".

Allen, do you know exactly what the fix is?? Is it something one can do at home? I'm pretty sure mine is in the group, but I would have to haul it to Jacksonville (75 miles one way) to get it fixed. So far, I've had no noticeable problems.

BTW: The TORMEK is fabulous!!

Tony,

I thought that you would really like that Tormek.

I was watching the information on the DeWalt 735 as my number fell toward the last of the ones that would have been affected. I bought mine from ToolKing as a factory remanfacturer and it may or may not have the upgrade and it is still working fine. I figured that I would just wait and see if problems show up before I do anything. As well as I remember it involved wood not feeding properly and the fix involved changing some gears and I think some springs. Some of the owners were going ahead and ordering parts to have them standing by. I got the feeling that changing the parts was not a big deal. I guess that contacting DeWalt would not be a bad idea.

Not a lot of real information but is the best that I can do since I did not pursue the issue. let me know if you find out that we should be doing something.

Allen