Nov. Road trip - FWW family visits

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I have to go to a conference in Burlingame, CA the second week of November. I will be free after lunch on the 11th and would love to visit family around the Bay area and then working my way down the coast to San Diego. On Wednesday, Nov. 10 I will be heading to Yuma and finishing some details on a custom job I did there. Then I am returning to Strawberry - home by Friday.

So who is up for a family visit?

If our schedules mesh, I'd love to have you drop by. I'm a few miles off the 210 freeway northwest of Pasadena. Or maybe I could take a road trip and visit Glenn's shop. (He owes me a tour.) :p

Its all relative Art. I did that last year with two teenagers should give that a try. Only comment i got from the one who grew up here and is multi generation Canadian was when we got to New Bunswick and he popped his head up and said "man I thought we had a shortage of trees, all i can see are trees." :rofl::rofl::rofl:I had to laugh. dont think i will ever forget that or the distance.;):thumb:

Sorry about the hijack Carol.:)

OK, folks I hope to hook up with (and who in the past offered to show me their shops) include Vaughn, Glenn, and Bob in Poway.

I posted this a month early to see if I can hook up with others. Seems to me there is an organ maker up the coast (Chuck?). And I know there are others. Let's hook up and enjoy a visit.

Cynthia and Rob, I wish I could but time is a constraint. I am bi-vocational and I thought I was retired. Ha! Yet I love what I do both in ministry and in woodworking.

Strawberry is a beautiful spot. You are welcome. If you have an RV, I have a spot for you to plug in! Come visit the ducks and geese you sent south for the winter. The pond is out back. :) :welcome:

I am just off the 60 freeway (or the I-215 as the two pieces of pavement share the same space for a few miles right by me). It would be an honor and a privelege to show you my humble shop. :bow: I will try to answer my cell phone if you call and not ignore you like I did the poor TDW-2010 crew as the drove within a few hundred yards of me :eek:.

Carol,

I'm about 30-40 miles east of Burlingame. Depending on what your plans are, I could meet you, say for lunch, or you could come here for dinner and stay overnight, or whatever fits into your schedule.

Chuck
Rodekohrc@sbcglobal,net

:bump: :bump: :bump:

It's time to get the final plans together.

Chuck, I'd love to take you up on your offer of dinner and a pillow on Thursday night, Nov. 11! Please PM me with phone and address.

Hope the organ is playing. :thumb:

Later today I will work out the route and times, But from Burlingame to San Ramon (Chuck) through Fresno (Jim?). Then to Vaughn and Glenn to Perris (get saw) and then Escondido (many people!) and Poway (Bob Meyer). The following week to Yuma, Phoenix ans Strawberry.

On the 21, north from Holbrook, AZ to Ogden Utah to meet the Rennie Express. Home by Wednesday night (before Thanksgiving).

Anybody along the way want to say hey?

I sent a PM with contact info as well. Looking forward to meeting you in person. It sounds like quite a string of visits you're planning, how fun.

Carol is on her way south on I5. She plans to stay the night in Buttonwillow north of the Grapevine.

Vaughn, she will call you about 10 tonight for plans to meet you tomorrow.

We had a nice visit, talked about some of our Woodworking Family and shared some war stories. She gave me a block of Mesquite and I gave her some California Bay Laurel.

Attachments

• Carol Reed Oct112010.JPG
    Carol Reed Oct112010.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 40
Great Visit, Chuck. :thumb: :thumb:

Looking forward to Vaughn and Glenn tomorrow.

What a hoot visiting family members.

Larry, you started a good thing!!!

Well, the Carolmobile rolled into town this morning, and we had a very nice visit. :thumb: She got to see my meager shop, meet the dogs, and swap lies and war stories with me. Although we didn't solve all the world's problems, I think we made a major dent in them over the course of a couple hours. :p

She brought me a nice piece of mesquite that looks like it wants to be an end grain box, and dummy me, I forgot to give her any sort of parting gift in return. I did manage to get a backyard photo of the two of us before she headed south towards Glenn's place, though.

C and V in T - 800.jpg

It was great having you here Carol, and I look forward to seeing you again next time we have a chance. :wave: