Nov. Road trip - FWW family visits

Carol has Come and Gone

But she left a lot of good feelings behind. Aslo an unexpected gift of some ebony that will find its way into one of my G&G pieces I am sure. Great visit Carol. Stop by anytime.

Attachments

• Carol-Visit-001.jpg
    Carol-Visit-001.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 48
You'll notice Glenn's photo was taken in his shop. That's because his shop looks like it came out of a Fine Woodworking magazine article.

My photo, on the other hand, was taken in the back yard. That's because my shop looks like it came out of a Junkyard Journal magazine article. :p

You'll notice Glenn's photo was taken in his shop. That's because his shop looks like it came out of a Fine Woodworking magazine article.

My photo, on the other hand, was taken in the back yard. That's because my shop looks like it came out of a Junkyard Journal magazine article. :p

Was that the article on how does he get in that shop????????????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh no that was the one they did on mine.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For the record, Vaughn has a beautiful back yard, and a very nice shop.

This is what is great about this forum, as we are a family we visit our relatives, with the advantage that all of them are woodworkers! What would one need?;)

Carol, said a prayer for you to have continued safe travels and visits. Good documentation on the path so far. Look forward to your view of the visits and shops you got to peruse. Larry did do good on this visit foray that he started and promoted. :thumb: to everyone involved!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

You'll notice Glenn's photo was taken in his shop. My photo, on the other hand, was taken in the back yard.

My photo was NOT taken in my backyard for the same, but opposite reasons :rofl:

P.s. Don't tell . . . . but there is nothing wrong with Vaughn's shop :whistling:

Last edited:
well done carol:thumb::thumb::thumb: i am envious becasue yu get to see jim and glenns shops.. i tried but they wouldnt answer my calls:) i think they were afraid i would pilfer something:) but i did get to meet them both and had a great visit while i was there.. go forth carol, and be safe:)

You'll notice Glenn's photo was taken in his shop. That's because his shop looks like it came out of a Fine Woodworking magazine article. :p

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I totally agree with you Vaughn. Glenn great picture with a good backdrop.:thumb: I think you need to update your shop tour for us all to get a new look at the latest arrangement.;)

Carol, you making some great stops. :thumb: These visits in my mind are priceless. Keep em coming.:)

Carol Came We Saw Left too Soon

The delightful Carol was here today.

Carol seems to be a talker and I am a talker so she only got to see what she could see while we talked.

She gave me some great tips about an old Stanley plane that I have. I guess it will be born again. It is a great plane to have since it is longer than the others I have.

Myrna was going to take pictures of Carol and me inside the shop and outside in the back yard...problem...we talked so much that it was black as midnight out there when we finally got around to pics. Anyway that keeps me out of the Vaughn and Glenn controversy about where to take pics.

She purchased my dad's Atlas metal lathe. The poor lathe was in excellent condition when I inherited it. It has been in the shop since I received it. However, it has been used once in 25 (actually more) years. It has been covered most of the time, however, it looks older than it did before.

Carol gave me a piece of Mesquite for turning. I gave her the steady rest that I made for myself and the FWW tutorial. So now I get to make another. I also gave her a three jaw chuck for the Atlas...I had planned on selling it on e-Bay.

Since Carol has a Jet and I have a Delta she is probably going to have to modify the hold-down block for the ssteady rest a bit to suit. (Carol, if it is too far off, send me your dimensions and I will make you a whole new unit.)

I really envy all of her visits. I am really glad I did not drive that far...Myrna's and my backs and posteriors think an hour in a car is a lifetime.

Enjoy,

Jim

Sounds like a great visit, Jim. :thumb: I would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening to the conversations. I know both of you are fun to be around, so I can only imagine what you two cooked up together. :D

well jim i didnt know yu were a talker but i do know carol is:) i got to ride with her from her place to dons one day and we never needed the radio we just was tuned into the local station,,,CAROL :rofl::rofl::rofl: but it was like npr ,,interesting and informative