Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook apology

Facebook apology

A number of good friends here have sent me 'friend' requests on Facebook. Please understand, I belong to and use Facebook very reluctantly. Personally, I don't care to be on it at all. But, things being what they are today, some folks only communicate via FB. I have 'friended' only two people who are not family members. And, do believe, there are many family members I have not 'friended'. So, please don't think me rude I'm just trying to keep things FB-wise manageable. Y'all are still real friends, we just don't need FB to prove it.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I don't blame you Frank, I went from near 400 to less than 100. That thing can be a monster. I am also afraid that if we all would accept each other on FB, we would have no reason to come here.

Ditto Steve and Frank.
    cheers

I dropped out of Facebook. The inane things people posted, well, you get my drift. And I couldn't share such piddly dribbles of my life.

I'll take quality over quantity any day. It's why I post here.

No apology necessary Frank. I find FB interesting but really a big waste of time.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I too have aFB account, strickly to look at family pictures, Was a time when they E-mailed them to us...

But my opinion on the matter is Look at what you wish and ignore the rest. And why spend time worrying about what else is on there?

No worries Frank. I feel the same way.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I do the same. I need to kill off my account, but I understand they don't make it easy.

Wow Frank, you really opened one up. If I may, I'd like to take the opposite side for a moment. I like FaceBook. True, a good number of the posts from individuals (especially the younger ones) are pure dribble. I just ignore those. However, there are positives. I keep in touch with 10 grand children (7 of whom I am lucky to see every few years because of distance), several family members from brothers, cousins, and even second cousins, a boatload of friends from HS that I have not seen in 40 years and will likely never see face to face again, many people I grew close to in previous jobs that I otherwise would have lost as friends, and literally dozens of businesses, vacation spots, past customers, and causes that I just like to keep up on. I intend to use it to promote my own business when the time is right.

Am I a slave to it, no. But I do check it several times a day. I like chatting with a grand child or buddy from HS once in a while. I comment on the goings on of family members, and occasionally tease a friend.

Like everything in life you need to work through the chaff. Do I care what a long lost friend in NJ had for breakfast? Heck no. Do I want to wish them well before they go in for surgery to remove a tumor, yes. There's a good side to FB. Hard to see sometimes, but it's there.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I just canceled my account. It's just one click...then they put your account on hold for like 14-16 days. As long as you don't sign in within that time it will be cancled. They just hope you sign back in and that reinstates your account. I have no need for fb.

Tom
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!