Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: color me confused

color me confused

Over a year ago I tore my left rotator and went to the local VA doc. He referred me to the big VA hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas. X-rays, MRIs, examinations and several visits followed. I was told I would get the surgery but someday way-way in the future because of a big backlog for this type of surgery.
    After a year, I got a consult at the Fayetteville, Arkansas VA hospital with another bone cutter. He told me, for several reasons, the surgery could not be done. Naturally, I was very upset.
    Minutes ago, I got a call from the LR hospital telling me that due to a cancellation I could have the surgery this Friday. Meaning, I go to Little Rock tomorrow for pre-op work up, surgery Friday and come home Saturday.
    I either won't be around here for a while, or if I am will be talking like I'm on drugs. And typing one handed at that.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Ah, military intelligence.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Best of luck, Frank. That surgery can be painful, but I'm told the Physical Therapy afterward is the worst part!

Remember, Vicodin is your friend!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Frank I'll be praying for ya buddy. I have had 4 shoulder surgery's. 2
    on each and the left will need replacement someday, wish it were sooner then later. But to tell ya, it's not a bad surgery. You just need to do the re-hab. You do not want to have the shoulder lock up and lose range of motion and then have to go through 6 months of re-hab to get in un-froze. Very painfull. The drugs are good but after 2-3 days 3 Aleive at night works OK.
    You should be good for action is 2 months.

BTW when they tell you they have not put the sleeping potion to work yet..........don't believe them, they lie LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Frank I'll be praying for ya buddy. I have had 4 shoulder surgery's. 2
    on each and the left will need replacement someday, wish it were sooner then later. But to tell ya, it's not a bad surgery. You just need to do the re-hab. You do not want to have the shoulder lock up and lose range of motion and then have to go through 6 months of re-hab to get in un-froze. Very painfull. The drugs are good but after 2-3 days 3 Aleive at night works OK.
    You should be good for action is 2 months.

BTW when they tell you they have not put the sleeping potion to work yet..........don't believe them, they lie LOL
    My son, the doctor, had the surgery a few years ago. He completely ignored the rehab instructions and even resumed martial arts training. Guess wat? Tore 'em up but good again. Back for more extensive surgery and this time he obeyed his doctors instructions.
    I have a friend who is a therapist. He will do my torture routines. VA doesn't do the therapy or pay for it but I have Medicare and a supplement to pay friend arm twister.
    At least, right now, I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to lift my rifles again.
    I know about the anesthesia. A cute nurse engages you in conversation and soon you are just dreaming about her.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Best of luck to you Frank. I hope the surgery is a 100% success and you get to be pain-free

The VA told me to get local P/T on mine, since I couldn't get in till Jan 1. Glad you got in. Good luck with the proceedure.

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Best to you for a speedy recovery Frank. I'm having the same surgery on the 14th of this month. Not looking forward to the immobility but don't have any choice. Old age is a pain in the patoot....especially this early in life.

You will be back at it before you know it Frank. Best of luck with the surgery.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Well, it's a challenge, but I'm sure you're up to it. Best wishes.