Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuther Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Nuther Friday

so whats the weekend bring. I go to go to an awards thingy this morning for the grand daughter, she on the honor roll other then that same ole same ole.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Constantine, MI
    Rehang the door to the shop now that it's painted, put up some trim in the dining area and start milling wood for the wainscoting. At long last I think I have the base and top proportions worked out for design "A" on the urns, so, I might just have the first prototype done this weekend.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Santa Claus, In
    Recovering from Wednesday shoulder surgery. Going to do nothing. Watch football and rest. Yes Don, I have pictures

maybe after Frank and Roger get theirs we can all post the "scope pictures".

Kansas City, Missouri
    Going to pickup a new to me JD 214 Saturday. Sounds like the guy is throwing in a snow blade for it too. As for the rest of the weekend...Oh where to start...

Need to stain and finish quarter round to put around the rooms that have new flooring. Need to trim out the entry way. Need to sand the kitchen wall where I patched after running tv cables. Need to cut down a kitchen cabinet and re-install it. Need to run a gas line to the kitchen. Need to replace the timing chain on the Tahoe and do a brake job. Need to get my wife's car ready for inspection. Need to start unpacking stuff stored in the shop and organize it. Need to clean out the garage.

Disclaimer: All items above will be over-ridden by my wife's list.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Plainwell, Michigan
    Finish up the hardwood flooring today, help move a photography studio for a friend tomorrow and hopefully start installing cabs late Sat or Sun Yes pics to follow on Sunday. Well lunch is over back to the flooring the boss just said

DSM, IA
    Going to my MIL's cabin bright and early tomorrow to clean up ice/snow damaged trees...have a few cold ones and brats on the fire and hopefully find some logs that I can take home to turn. Sunday I'm dreading it, but taking my daughter to a bday party at Chucky Cheese's...I can't stand that place, but she will have fun!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Going to take some of the grandkids to the pumpkin festival on Saturday. Sunday the wife and I are going to the Sandwich Fair. (not the food but the town it's in )
    A little shop time here and there as well as some yard work.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Escondido, CA
    Clean up the office after my 2 1/2 week long tax prep blitz. Mailed the last of it off to the CPA yesterday. Resolve not to spend a dime until I get the bill, both for her and the IRS!

Draw up plans for a design case, maybe get some cutting on it done. Put fresh batteries in the camera for the picture police.

Learn to use a borrowed light meter to take readings for the purchase of a computer projector at church.

Prepare for Sunday, as per usual.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 10-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Working on the ductwork for the new Dust collector.....and building some blast gates. Oh....I almost forgot...Watching the Yankees win Game #3!!!

Syracuse, Nebraska
    Still coasting after back surgery. Saw the doctor today and he says I can lift up to 10 lbs. No bending over or crawling on the floor. Shoulder surgery is scheduled for Oct. 14th. Anyway I'm rubbing out a shellac finish and getting ready for a lacquer final coat. Do what I can and quit when it starts to hurt.