So whatcha Building

I've got a Norfolk Island Pine vase on the lathe right now, and a turned and carved hollow form (that I'm not happy with) sitting on the sidelines until I have some bright ideas for what to do next.

Heh, Gotta get some room in the shop first. Ever seen the show 'hoarders'? I can barely even walk in there, let alone make room to work on anything...

It's true, I have been there. I understand completely Brent. Sometimes you need to punt to get some breathing room. Better to clear some space and get organized before tackling some major project...at least that is what I have been telling myself for a couple of years now. Someday I will be there.:D

A hanging for my church, partly turned, partly carved. On hold.
Pens, calls, stoppers and more for art gallery, on hold.
Batch of rough turned and stabilized calls for kits to sell. On hold.
Put extension on my bandsaw, had for more than a year out of warranty, still on box. On hold.
Mow lawn. On hold.

It's true, I have been there. I understand completely Brent. Sometimes you need to punt to get some breathing room. Better to clear some space and get organized before tackling some major project...at least that is what I have been telling myself for a couple of years now. Someday I will be there.:D

Made a little progress today. At least the horizontal surfaces are cleared (mostly)...

Now I've got to go through all the shop tours and figure out how the organized folks do things. I'm planning on ripping everything out to the walls and redoing all of the shelves and such so that I have 'useable' storage and that I through away stuff I'll never use....

attachment.php

Attachments

• makingprogress.jpg
    makingprogress.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 67
Ever seen the show 'hoarders'? I can barely even walk in there, let alone make room to work on anything...

Exactly how I feel right now. Just brought the last load from the apartment today. Bless my wife, she's cleared the counters and found homes for everything that's been brought in this week. Today we filled them again with more boxes, canisters, and bottles of spices. I haven't even started sorting out the shop yet. Have about 10 more boxes of kitchen stuff waiting to come in the house from there. I guess along that theme, I'm working on some cabinets for the kitchen. Here's a rough draft of the outsides. The right side will have shelves and a wall mounted LCD tv, which will serve as the screen for the kitchen computer as well. The left side will be mostly pantry.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I've got to get going on a set of 6 bowls from some burr oak I got from a lady. 5 are for her kids and 1 is for her. I also need finish up some home repairs, entry tile and rehanging gutters on 1/2 the house.

Thanks. I stumbled upon your forum while looking for some info on using shellac on pine.

I don't have any pix of my table yet, but i'll try to post some soon I found a hay-rake dining table in one of my WW mags, and thought it would be a good challenge for me to see if I could do it. I'm a rookie in this WW stuff, learning as I go, reading mags, etc. but I have fun with it. I'm a reuse- woodworker. What I mean by that is basically- I'm cheap - and I build stuff out of wood scraps and materials that I can scrounge up for free (or close to it.)

My table is being made of pine boards from an old pallet and the rest is dimensional lumber- 2x4 and 4x4. I'll try to post some pix once I get a chance to take some.