Teeny Progress in the Shop

Cynthia, it was not my intention to insult what you built or make a negative comment. Ive made a similar unit and found out I had problems so I was sharing it with you before you loaded it up with 1000 lbs of wood.

Allen Allen Allen, I wasn't insulted. I was grateful for the feedback! I took it to heart and thought maybe you were right! Allen, you weren't the only one to say so either, 2 others PM'd me privately about the same thing. So without tearing it all down, I tried to improve it. Someone PM'd me tonight and suggested another minor alteration to improve it more. I'm grateful. Don't worry! I put wings on the MS too, like you suggested. Don't be afraid to tell me things. This is how I'm going to learn.
2lbkos0.gif
rubberring.gif
butterfly.gif

This is what I did today: Moved the lumber from the floor to the rack. Not quite all, but most of it. It's like going to the gym--everything hurts. Let me tell you, those boards that are 10' and 8" wide are heavy to lift over my head--notice not many boards on top.... :eek: .....yet

lumbernov132010.jpg

racknov132010.jpg

The big bummer today is that I figured out the the order was filled wrong. "How could you not notice this before, Cynthia?" because I'm an idiot. Actually, I suspected it before--today I confirmed. I don't really care. It's their mistake--The hickory was $3.45/bf and the Ash was $2.96, and they gave me more Hickory and less Ash instead of the other way around. So they lost money on the deal......I just have to figure out what to do now... Looks like my bookcases are going to be Ash *and* Hickory! :rofl:

Cynthia

You need one little addition a pile-it bench. This is the bench you go to when you enter the shop with your arms full to pile-it onto. The trick is to take the items off this bench & put the in their proper place it some times takes a few days but it will leave the other surfaces clear to use for the work in progress.

This is what I did today: Moved the lumber from the floor to the rack. Not quite all, but most of it. It's like going to the gym--everything hurts. Let me tell you, those boards that are 10' and 8" wide are heavy to lift over my head--notice not many boards on top.... :eek: .....yet

View attachment 51249

View attachment 51250

The big bummer today is that I figured out the the order was filled wrong. "How could you not notice this before, Cynthia?" because I'm an idiot. Actually, I suspected it before--today I confirmed. I don't really care. It's their mistake--The hickory was $3.45/bf and the Ash was $2.96, and they gave me more Hickory and less Ash instead of the other way around. So they lost money on the deal......I just have to figure out what to do now... Looks like my bookcases are going to be Ash *and* Hickory! :rofl:

consider yourself lucky, since its been my experience that whenever a lumber yard is incorrect, its usually in their favor.
Now that you started loading wood into your rack, buy a bottle of advil, I had mentioned those 8 footers can get pretty heavy at times.

Cynthia you not alone in the pain department. I moved so much plywood on my own friday that i discovered new muscles i did not know existed before.:rofl: Who said woodworkers need gym memberships.:D

Lumber rack looks good and will save your wood. Its still on my list of to dos. Gotta say i still hear Stus words saying "Finish the shop before you move in Rob" wish i had listened.:(