A Stanley 220

Roger Newby

Went to an antique show just to pass some time. Picked up this 220 for 20 bucks. Kinda high but I had a good time yackin' guy that was selling it. It is 7" long with a 1 5/8" blade. Has an ouchie on the cap but will make a good user. Some of the other stuff scared me off.....two different boxwood folding 12" rulers...one was $37.50 and the other was $50:eek: Guess they'll be looking at those for awhile. Also a Winchester 3005 plane for $350. Way out of my range.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice pick up Roger.

uh, are the Winchesters that valuable? I left one sit last Tuesday.

Best I could find on the net was $135 and it was in much better shape. The lady selling this had no clue other than old tools. She also had a mortise guage for $75. I just got one awhile back for $3.50. That's the problem with "antique" dealers, they don't do any research.:dunno:

There's a lot of collector interest in anything Winchester.

The planes are essentially a re-branded version of the early pattern Bedrocks. They were made by Stanley for Winchester.

Well that makes another road trip in order. Didn't give the whole Winchester thing a moments thought. Also didn't look to see if it was build like this model or that. Live and learn. Good thing you are here Jim.