bird houses with birds

I'm doing a fall festival where I live next weekend. I did it last year and it rained which stunk. I thought I'd give it another go this year to see if it's any better. I've not made nearly as much stuff as I did last year. Here's a few shots of some bird house ornaments I made. I actually put birds on this year. I had several people asking what they were last year. I guess the perch and hole wasn't enough.:dunno: I've only made 6. I guess if they don't sale they'll make good Christmas presents.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 54
John those are fine looking birdhouses. Should do well for you.

John don't know about there but here I can't make enough of them. This year I have about 40 to 50 of them at the Art Gallery. She always does a Christmas Tree with only my bells, ornaments and mini birdhouses. I have 3 ladies in town that buy 3 birdhouses each because they started about 4 yrs ago collecting them for their kids. Another couple of ladies when they come to town to visit their folks from Michigan and North Carolina buy about 6 each to take home for gifts. Been doing it now for 3 yrs. So I know where at least 21 are for sure but the others don't last long.

Those look great, John. :thumb: You threw in some nice, flowing curves, which is a nice contrast to the angular lines I see so often in these little birdhouses. Very nicely done.

Thanks Guys,

Don, they're around 4 - 4.5 tall by about 2 inches wide. I let them go for an even 20.

Bernie, do you hollow your bells? I've never made bells before, I think they look great. I also like your icicles/finials. I need to practice making finials. The ones I've made so far don't look the greatest. I have a terrible time getting the details crisp.