Thread: Firing up Old Guadalupe!

Firing up Old Guadalupe!

Finally got a load of hardwood firewood (Almond), so it's time to fire up the smoker!

Going to slap some baby backs on there and smoke them for about 7-8 hours. Just need to check on it every half hour or so and toss another chunk of wood on the fire.

It's a new braunfels 'guadalupe' model BBQ. I "welded" up the fire box on the side and added the chimney. Put a bunch of bricks inside for some heat ballast.

Been a few years since I used it, but it used to work out pretty well with a nice low temp.

2 cords of Almond stacked up. Sharon was a real good help here.

Still have 1 more cord of almond, and 1 cord of pine to stack up. Ordered more racks today and should be able to get those stacked up and covered next weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oldguadalupe_800.jpg   2cordsofalmond.jpg  
    Last edited by Brent Dowell; 10-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.

mmmmm... bbq ribs, I'll bring the slaw
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Hmmmmm.... I wish I could check its performance. !! After having those ABT at your place I can't but wanting to check what comes out from that BBQ Brent.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

That's the one thing we didn't move with us when we came north... I had to leave my smoker behind... did some great briskets on that thing... regret not leaving something else and bringing the smoker.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

About halfway there. Been smoking them low and slow around 220 degrees since a little before noon... Should be ready around 6pm...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ribs.jpg  

Just ate supper and your pic made me hungry again, looks REAL good Brent

Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Oops, Thanks Tom...just reminded me to get the slaw ready

At this point, I'd basically sell my soul for a pound of really good smoked whitefish.

....say, you don't have any use for one, do you? I'm thinking of going into marketing, so I haven't got much use for it.

Forgot to take the after pictures, but all I can say is that those baby backs were tender, smokey, and delicious, no sauce necessary....