What is this?

Gads I'm Glad We Have Such Intellectuals

Well here is the story:

Back when my shop was a disaster area (Keep your mouth shut Glenn) it wasn't a problem if I had a cold root beer and wanted to set it down.

Well as things got better I started using jar lids for coasters. This was fine for coffee, tea, room temp water, etc. However, it was a real problem for the cold root beer, iced tea, etc. I would pick up the glass and the darn lid coaster would come up with it. Being a true wood worker I solved the problem by laying a wooden toothpick in the lid. This eliminated the suction cup made by the wet rim of the concave bottom of the glass.

I got tired of intellectuals like Glenn asking, "Want me to throw this toothpick?" or "What's the toothpick for?" So I glued four pill bottle lids to the original coaster...This eliminated the suction cup factor and now the lid coaster stays down on the bench.

Now I should not get any more queststions...Especially after everybody reads this thread.

I really liked your answers however.

Enjoy,

Jim

Now if you liked that you should ask me about the time I took Marlena Dietrich to dinner. However, remember I am an old goat and us old guys have all kinds of stories. If you ask you may open Pandora's box (or a can of worms...your choice).

Last edited: