It's time for a Shed Thread -Time to get the roof on

I missed it too, Brent. :doh: Rob, it's not a bug in the New Posts feature, it's just the fact that un-viewed thread will scroll off the list pretty quickly if you stay logged onto the site. Sometimes I forget to close the FW tab on my browser when I leave the computer for a few hours, and when I come back only a few threads are showing in the New Posts list. The software doesn't know I've not read them yet, it just knows I've been logged in for an hour or more since it first told me about them, and it assumes I've seen it. The "Today's Posts" option under the Quick Links menu is one way to avoid having new stuff scroll off the list too quickly

I generally use the "Todays Posts" option for that very reason :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna ask if that was Lonely Boy. :thumb: LOML gets all giddy every time I mention my FW friends in Nevada who have wild horses in their front yard. (She saw pics you posted some time back showing several near your house.)

me thinks someone has insomnia this morning :rofl::rofl:

actually sharon i did have a conversation with lonely boy.. he told me that i could could come back anytime to his range.. i told him that i would have to get permission from the the house owners t be able to stop in to see him first but till then to just graze close by and keep tabs on them for me til i got back to visit again.. he agreed to do that and promised to not soil your yard anymore..:D:thumb::thumb:

Well, Actually got back on this project again.

We had poured the slab last year and I had p
urchased the materials for the roof trusses, but never got around to putting any together.

So since my dad was out visiting I decided to put him to work and we got started on the trusses.

Got 5 down, 13 more to go.

I figure I'll knock a few out each night after work this week and get ready to put the walls up next weekend...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-3024.jpg
    FWW-3024.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 188
  • FWW-3028.jpg
    FWW-3028.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 187
i think that brents dad had to come over to get him to do some work not that brent wanted him for help:) probally been that way ever since he was kids wait till dad came to do something..:rofl::rofl::rofl: looks good brent

You'll be done before Ned's shop.:eek: Whoops, Ned will be done with his new shop before he is done with his old shop!!:rofl::rofl: Good job working with dad!:thumb::thumb: Every time you are in or around that shed you will remember the shared work, laughs and conversations. :thumb::thumb:

Yep, Storage doors on the outside for access for things like long ladders, canoes (I don't have one) etc... That might be why they are trusses, to provide more load bearing support? :huh:

Well, I cut up all the pieces for the rest of the trusses this afternoon. Doing the rest of the trusses shouldn't take more than a couple of hours once I get some more construction adhesive.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the rest of the framing lumber this weekend and get started on the walls...

Brent,
looking good! Just found out I won't have quite as much 'time' at the house as I thought on this new job (thought I'd have a little time in the mornings before I left for work, now I'll be out overnights a tad more...) so my shop time is going to be limited. Unless I get 'inventive'... mu-hahaa

Well, Just got back from the borg.

Bought all the sticks for the walls and plates.
Bought the siding for the outside
Ordered the Metal Roofing in a nice light grey color. Figured that would match the house shingles better wouldnt stick out the way the green, or white, or galvanized would out here in the desert. And since it's light, might reflect a little heat instead of absorbing it all.

Got a big weekend planned of finishing up the trusses and making the concrete look a little nicer. Might even get around to getting some walls together if every thing goes well...

Guess I'm really committed now with all the cash I've layed out for materials...