Potpourri Pot

I just finished this tonight and my sister wanted to take it home right away. So I apologize for the pictures. I shot these just before she walks out the door. Almost forgot to take pic's. It is Colorado Blue Spruce. This tree blew down 5 yrs ago when I first started turning. It was about 40 ft tall. I got 4 pieces of it and put it away to dry. Actually forgot about it till I was digging Tuesday for some wood for a project. Boy was it bland. It just was a white/yellow and just nothing going on. So I had some transtint dye and india ink. So the inside is black and the outside is scarlet red. It has 6 coats of gloss wipe on poly as she wanted it shiney. It is 6 1/2" across and 3" high. Lid is from the Hallmark store here in town. Now the LOML thinks she has to have one just like it. Oh well.

Attachments

• Potpouri Pot 5.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Potpouri Pot 6.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 6.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Potpouri Pot 7.jpg
    Potpouri Pot 7.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 39
It may have been blue spruce when you started, but it sure ain't blue now. :p

Looks great, Bernie. :thumb: I'm going to have to find a Hallmark store and check out the inventory. (The one that was a couple miles from here closed down last year when the owners retired.)

Thanks. Stephen it is that time of year at least for me. Christmas seems to be that time that I turn about everything. Potpourri pots sell well during that time.

Vaughn I found some of my lids at a Hallmark store in North Carolina. Went in with the LOML while she was shopping. As I looked around I saw they had a few and bought some. So checked at my local Hallmark and she had a few. She is going to try and order me some in when she makes her spring order. That way she said she won't charge shipping for a special order.

That looks nice Bernie. I've never seen that lid before either. I like it, as it is different. I think the colored dye really helped make this a special piece. How thick is the wall on this...if you dont mind me asking?

Tom

I like that

Hey, Bernie! Any chance you can get me a # where you got that lid...tis the season, eh? I tried calling a local hallmark and they said "no". PM me if this is against posting policy..I love the sandal theme!
Thanks! Looks like the universe is getting smaller...........:p
mj

Thanks again.

Tome the walls are about 1/8" or just a little over. Done with my monster articulating arm unit.

Actually Michael my sister got me that one at Hallmark in Washington, NC. I contacted the owner of the Hallmark here and she said she could get me some if I wanted but she wouldn't be ordering them till spring. I have known this owner for 25 or 30 yrs. She won't special order because it cost to much so I just wait till she puts in a order. I will go down next week and see if she will let me order 1 or 2 more.