Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday here

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Friday here

So whats on the agenda for this week end. I'll clean up the shop.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Starting to build a shed by pouring a slab of concrete... That ought to be enough.

I'm eager to get out again. Going to a meeting today, Wal-Mart later, help distribute political literature tomorrow, watch Razorback game in aft., Sunday church then a Vets meeting later.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Heading out to Va to hunt & bush hog for the weekend.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Shop time most of the morning tomorrow!! Then a wedding reception tomorrow night and Sunday I will be tracking my sister and BIL while they run the Des Moines Marathon...I'll be comfy in a chair, maybe handing out water and tracking them via automated text messages.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Cutting out some bushes in the yard after work tonight. City is having a yard waste pickup Saturday, so taking advantage of that. Will hopefully get down the rest of my shoe moulding also. Saturday I need to pickup some wood and start building the cabinets for the kitchen. Have pictures and such to hange for my wife and need to run some tv cables, computer cables, and replace some light switches to put plate covers on. Sunday I'll be trying out the new mower for a good part of the day.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Starting to build a shed by pouring a slab of concrete... That ought to be enough.
    What he said

the largest project of my life

Ive decided before I build anything else, Im going to empty my garage of all non woodworking tools or accessories. Im going to dedicate every inch of space to wood supply, or tool storage. A few items, like sprayers, chain saws, etc...I will store in there.
    Its a monumental task for me. First, because I decided to clean up on top first, and that is all ladder work. Damaged nerves in my left leg and foot, 335lbs, myasthenia, all can make my life a bit harder, but hey, we all got our own problems.
    Whats pretty cool, is what Im finding. Or uncool, guess it matters how you look at it.
    I found some oars, paddles, one indian head wood one, a doctors scale.
    some old rifle stock, a folding stock for the ruger 10/22, a blowgun(with 200 darts), a slingshot, speakers, hot oil room heater, beach umbrella, lots of wood and hoses, and a few of my favs. A 4 gun set complete with masks and enough ammo to last 10 years of outdoor phony paint ball. They are rubber balls that you soak in harmless water and food coloring, and the guns are quite strong once pumped up. There are 4 masks to prevent eye injury. I had purchased 1000s of extra paintballs even though you reuse them, along with extra magazines.
    Really fun stuff.
    And I found a bunch of LPs, some nice old albums, my wife kept. The covers are dirty, but the records are in beautiful shape, as is an original poster in the boxed chicago set. My wife will be thrilled to see that, since I have our home filled to the max with junk from my store I just sold.
    I need to clean out the garage, every square inch, and then start redoing the place and making it more accessable to machines and easier for myself.
    Im adding two new machines shortly, the 22/44 and the sawstop. Just waiting to clean up a bit.
    sorry bout the jointer pic with the paintball airguns on it.

I had to carefully clean the Monkees cover, it was in very bad shape, and thats my wifes favorite, so I carefully cleaned it up a bit.Wish I still had a turntable so I can play some steppenwolf or 3 dog night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steven 034 (Medium).jpg   Steven 036 (Medium).jpg   Steven 037 (Medium).jpg   Steven 038 (Medium).jpg   Steven 039 (Medium).jpg  

Last edited by allen levine; 10-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.

better shot of the play guns.
    theres still alot of junk up there on other side. Movie screens, projectors, miniture slot machine, a basket full of the love letters I wrote my wife when I was 17 and lived in another state(I might have to tell her the squirrels got to that),and hundreds of pieces of wood, all have to come down and get sorted out. but I like the open storage space IM making.

Im also applying rub on poly to the unit I finished, just a slow go with the heavy humidity, nothing is drying.

whatever my son doesnt take, Im putting out and letting whom ever wants it can have it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steven 041 (Medium).jpg   Steven 042 (Medium).jpg   Steven 044 (Medium).jpg   Steven 045 (Medium).jpg  

Hoo Boy Allen, do you have some work ahead of you! I feel your pain, as that is the task I have set for myself as well, a few months down the road....

Looking forward to seeing your progress!