Friday here

I'm eager to get out again. Going to a meeting today, Wal-Mart later, help distribute political literature tomorrow, watch Razorback game in aft., Sunday church then a Vets meeting later.

Shop time most of the morning tomorrow!! :D Then a wedding reception tomorrow night and Sunday I will be tracking my sister and BIL while they run the Des Moines Marathon...I'll be comfy in a chair, maybe handing out water and tracking them via automated text messages.

Cutting out some bushes in the yard after work tonight. City is having a yard waste pickup Saturday, so taking advantage of that. Will hopefully get down the rest of my shoe moulding also. Saturday I need to pickup some wood and start building the cabinets for the kitchen. Have pictures and such to hange for my wife and need to run some tv cables, computer cables, and replace some light switches to put plate covers on. Sunday I'll be trying out the new mower for a good part of the day.

the largest project of my life

Ive decided before I build anything else, Im going to empty my garage of all non woodworking tools or accessories. Im going to dedicate every inch of space to wood supply, or tool storage. A few items, like sprayers, chain saws, etc...I will store in there.
Its a monumental task for me. First, because I decided to clean up on top first, and that is all ladder work. Damaged nerves in my left leg and foot, 335lbs, myasthenia, all can make my life a bit harder, but hey, we all got our own problems.
Whats pretty cool, is what Im finding. Or uncool, guess it matters how you look at it.
I found some oars, paddles, one indian head wood one, a doctors scale.
some old rifle stock, a folding stock for the ruger 10/22, a blowgun(with 200 darts), a slingshot, speakers, hot oil room heater, beach umbrella, lots of wood and hoses, and a few of my favs. A 4 gun set complete with masks and enough ammo to last 10 years of outdoor phony paint ball. They are rubber balls that you soak in harmless water and food coloring, and the guns are quite strong once pumped up. There are 4 masks to prevent eye injury. I had purchased 1000s of extra paintballs even though you reuse them, along with extra magazines.
Really fun stuff.
And I found a bunch of LPs, some nice old albums, my wife kept. The covers are dirty, but the records are in beautiful shape, as is an original poster in the boxed chicago set. My wife will be thrilled to see that, since I have our home filled to the max with junk from my store I just sold.
I need to clean out the garage, every square inch, and then start redoing the place and making it more accessable to machines and easier for myself.
Im adding two new machines shortly, the 22/44 and the sawstop. Just waiting to clean up a bit.
sorry bout the jointer pic with the paintball airguns on it.

I had to carefully clean the Monkees cover, it was in very bad shape, and thats my wifes favorite, so I carefully cleaned it up a bit.Wish I still had a turntable so I can play some steppenwolf or 3 dog night

Attachments

• Steven 034 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 034 (Medium).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Steven 036 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 036 (Medium).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Steven 037 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 037 (Medium).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Steven 038 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 038 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Steven 039 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 039 (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
better shot of the play guns.
theres still alot of junk up there on other side. Movie screens, projectors, miniture slot machine, a basket full of the love letters I wrote my wife when I was 17 and lived in another state(I might have to tell her the squirrels got to that),and hundreds of pieces of wood, all have to come down and get sorted out. but I like the open storage space IM making.

Im also applying rub on poly to the unit I finished, just a slow go with the heavy humidity, nothing is drying.

whatever my son doesnt take, Im putting out and letting whom ever wants it can have it.

Attachments

• Steven 041 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 041 (Medium).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Steven 042 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 042 (Medium).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Steven 044 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 044 (Medium).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Steven 045 (Medium).jpg
    Steven 045 (Medium).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 22
Hoo Boy Allen, do you have some work ahead of you! I feel your pain, as that is the task I have set for myself as well, a few months down the road.... :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Allen, are you sure you weren't taking pictures of Brent's garage, by mistake?

If not, now that you are retired, you could come spend a few weeks in sunny Nevada if you want. I'm sure the experience you'll gain from your own garage cleanup can be easily translated to Brent's :rofl::rofl::rofl:

the worst part about it all, is starting and committing yourself to stick to it.
The weather has been nice here, low 60s, high 50s at night, so its cool enough in there now.

Nevada.......................................................theres a good shot(if I feel up to it), my wife and I will be headed to vegas early december to celebrate our 32nd.

Same thing I did last week, go into the office and work. Next weekend will be my 21st straight day without a day off. Worst thing is this weekend is going to be perfect weather wise and I have chores at home to do. You know there is something wrong with your life when you are bemoaning that working weekends is stopping you from working at home on the homestead.

I might as well sell my golf clubs.

I'm going to put wings on my MS like Allen suggested, and I'm going to organize things better and build some kind of rack for boards. I've got my eye on a comfy cheap used couch I want, but gotta make a spot for it, and then I can actually start doing something useful in the shop! LOML is going away for a few days so I can eat cereal for dinner. ;o)

Not sure what I'm doing. I spent the day in the hospital.
I'll spare the gory details but had a catscan of kidneys, bladder and associated areas. Having my bladder scoped Mon or Tues. :(

I need to complete the finish on the pie safe so it will be ready for the tin panels that are due to arrive early next week then get it to my daughters house before the weekend.

Not sure what I'm doing. I spent the day in the hospital.
I'll spare the gory details but had a catscan of kidneys, bladder and associated areas. Having my bladder scoped Mon or Tues. :(...

What is it with you new Moderators? That makes three of the five of you calling in sick/injured already! What'd we do - elect a bunch of invalids? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry to hear youre not feeling well bob. Hope you feel better real soon.

friday stuff-its the greatest thing being retired. I dont have to worry about setting time restraints for myself.
I put the radio on today, stopped a bit, relaxed, sang a few songs along with the oldies stations, and then called it quits today. Seems this retirement stuff might be pretty good for me, although Im sure the neighbors are freeking out when they hear me belting out an aerosmith song in the backyard.

Last edited: