Thread: Ohio?

I'm a real hands on visual person. If there is anyone in the Ohio area that wouldn't mind me looking over their shoulder a bit I would love to get in touch with you.

I make a pretty nice pen but there is where my expertise ENDS. I need to see someone do something other than a pen so I can watch and then.... well you know... Monkey see Monkey do.

I'm on this kick to make some hardwood shot glasses, but I have no idea where to start. I would imagine I should probably learn to do something that gets hollowed out first.

Husband and Daddy is my primary job, the other thing I do is for money.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I'm not in Ohio but I can offer this. Get a hold of any DVD by Richard Raffan or buy his book "Turning Wood", It will get ya off on the right foot.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Reno, Nv
    Hey Drew,
    There are 2 great videos that I still refer to on a regulare basis from CSUSA on pen turning. It doesn't get any better than those. Also see if there is a turning club in your area; AAW should have a chapter near by and those guys love to show off

This link should get you there
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots