Advice Needed on some Used Tools Available

Cynthia, be sure to drop me a line if you end up taking a trip to Grizzley someday and we can arrange a visit. I am only a few minutes away. Just remember that this store is not open on weekends. Never could understand that.

Wow Bill that does seem crazy for a store like that. I happened to go to one on a weekday so it never dawned on me. :huh: I looked them up and its the only one not open on Sat. Weird. You guys have a strange Blue law in your parts or something?

Wow Bill that does seem crazy for a store like that. I happened to go to one on a weekday so it never dawned on me. :huh: I looked them up and its the only one not open on Sat. Weird. You guys have a strange Blue law in your parts or something?

No laws to prevent them from being open on weekends. It is the corporate office, where Shiraz Balolia hangs his hat. The showroom is probably not as large as the other stores and the primary function of this location is probably not in-store retail sales, but more corporate and logistics. It may not pay to be open on weekends. Too bad as I generally think of something I need on weekends when I am doing battle with wood. Most people think of Grizzly and large tools, but they have a great selection of other items at a good price. Items I can not find anywhere else locally.

Cynthia, the DP looks to be in very nice shape, and looks like the one I have in my shop. Does a great job. Ask the seller if it is a 17-965 model. If so, it sold new at retail at 399.00. I got mine at the Woodworking shows here about 7 years ago, and paid 379.00 then. I believe it is discontinued, and it's not showing up as available at Amazon or at CPO Delta sales. I'd say 175.00 would be a good deal for you, 2-225.00 should be fair for the seller. Jim.

It is so related to what you do. I've had a 6' jointer for years, use it quite a lot and been very happy with it. Bigger one may be nice but I just can't justify it for me. I have a large cheap drill press, HF I think, it was a gift about 30 years ago. I really would like to replace it and will as soon as possible. It was good enough for years but I'd like more precision now. I have moved to doing what ever drilling I can on the lathe. I have a 12" planner that I rarely use, but doesn't cost me to keep it and I do use it occasionally when making little Ukuleles or guitars. I don't know about prices of used tools, never bought any, but I'd have to go look at that drill press if it was close by.

Last edited: