This Evenings Fun

Paul Douglass

I kind of like bottle stoppers that don't show the metal of the stopper. I decided to try another one to see how it would look and this is really easier than the Ginter type. It's not a pretty one, haven't even put a finish on it other than sanding sealer, but I wanted to try it out. I used a Ruth Niles stopper, which are my favorite. After testing three glasses of wine, I have to admit it doesn't make the wine taste any different.

Attachments

• 400IMG_2439.JPG
    400IMG_2439.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 400IMG_2438.JPG
    400IMG_2438.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 45
Ahhh...the RN stopper with the hidden treatment...verrrrryyyy interesting. Worth a further pursuit and investigation!! :D:D Did the stopper look better after Vino x3?:rofl::rofl:

Paul,
Those are really nice... haven't tried Ruth's SS stoppers yet, did do some from PSI or CSUSA, but didn't think about recessing them. I do a "Hidden cork" with the silicone's... they seem to do well with my sales.

If you don't mind a copy cat, I'll try your style next.. :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• 37-1062_0.JPG
    37-1062_0.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 37-1067_0.JPG
    37-1067_0.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 37-1089_1.JPG
    37-1089_1.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 5
Ruth's are nice because they don't stick up out of the bottle as far as some of the others to begin with. I also think the have a better fit into the bottles. None of them seal a good as the Ginter ones, but they are also the hardest to make and take the longest. If you were to try to sell them you would charge more to recoup some of the extra work involved.

Nice ones Chuck.

Last edited:
Paul thats great. I have never really been a fan of the metal showing on the bottle stoppers. Never gave it a thought that it could be hidden.:thumb:Somehow for me, metal and wine never got on well. You idea makes a huge difference. Stops the whole stopper from looking too top heavy and stopperish. :)