Do You Think This Might Be a Scam?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I get this kind of e-mail from time to time, but this one was priceless. You'd think they'd know how to use a spellchecker...

Maybe%20Fake%202.jpg

BTW, the link shown in the e-mail went to a German domain. (Probably some dyslexic Nigerian guy living in Germany.) :rolleyes:

I'm always amazed at the ways some people try and steal your money.

But I know this is real. I was notified over the weekend that I won the Canadian national lottery:woot::woot: So I just ordered one of everything from the Grizzly catalog :thumb::thumb:
Anybody need anything? It's on me :D

I was notified over the weekend that I won the Canadian national lottery:woot::woot:

Careful, or we might have to pull out this one: :stupid:

I'm not even sure if you can buy a Canadian lottery ticket from outside Canada. :huh: I do know that lottery winnings here are tax free. But then I still regard lotteries as a tax on people who are bad at math, so i don't pay much attention to them. :dunno:

I get this kind of e-mail from time to time, but this one was priceless. You'd think they'd know how to use a spellchecker...

Maybe%20Fake%202.jpg

BTW, the link shown in the e-mail went to a German domain. (Probably some dyslexic Nigerian guy living in Germany.) :rolleyes:

Why do you Assume the sender is Nigerian, perhaps a dislocated SoCal Musician re-routing through Germany. A Big Ole Git comment

I love the E-mails from a bank I have never heard of asking me to login using my real banks name and login ID, so they can give me $2,000,000US. It really is amazing that some folks fall for these scams....and no...they are not all Nigerian....that's just where it became famous.

Maybe%20Fake%202.jpg

Vaughn,
You've been a round long enough to know that the Ohficial Government Languge... you know.................................... governmentese... :rofl::rofl:

Why do you Assume the sender is Nigerian, perhaps a dislocated SoCal Musician re-routing through Germany. A Big Ole Git comment

I said that (jokingly, BTW) because Nigeria has become one of the world capitals for e-mail scams. Yes, he could be of any nationality, but when e-mail scamming is part of a country's GDP, they become subject of ridicule, deserved or not. ;)

My favorites are the beautiful Russian women who just want a pen pal. I tell em right away to send nude photos and lots of cash and I can make the American dream available to them. Then they post the model shots, with clothes of course and I respond with a medical emergency that requires $56k or aunt Betsie's going to go blind. Then I guess they find someone who understands english and just not passing on lame scripts...... and they dont love me anymore......sigh :wave:
Ok, Im easily amused

mj

ps - I like this collection of smilies.

Are you kidding Vaughn? this is a complete truthfull, official document that has to be taken seriously or you may incurr in some federal delict.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I received the same one today except that this one had no spelling errors. They may have read this thread and decided to use a spell-checker.:rofl:

Toni is right. You should take it seriously. You don't want any trouble from the government.