Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It cant get any worse today, venting

new york city burbs

It cant get any worse today, venting

I had a very nice weekend, even though I lost fox network and couldnt watch the Giants game yesterday.
    I sat last night reviewing stats on the sawstop cabinet saw and the 22-44, both purchases Ill make this coming week, so I was feeling pretty nice.
    I went out to the tool guy this morning, trying my best to get something out of him, did my best, there isnt much bending when it comes to these machines, but Im squeezing a little
    Came home, my pancake tank had a leaky drain plug, so back to the tool guy, yeah,!!!!!!!wooohoooooo!!!! he had the things are going well.
    That was it.
    The calls starting coming in, the bank, the attorneys, seemed there was a foul up(isnt it redundant to use bank and foul up in same sentence?), so I was told to run over to the local branch.
    I was covered in muck from the garage, my hands stained dark brown from the junk that shot out of the tank, but I cleaned up and headed over to the local branch, cause this is how I want to spend my retirement.
    After much confusion, I walked out thinking it was all ok.
    Then the calls started again, seems there are just too many attorneys and not all of them understand each other. wow, thats all I can say.
    I was on my house phone on one call, holding on my cell on another, and my wife came home and was on her cell phone with someone else.
    It all got settled, so I thought.
    So now Im trying, or should say attempting to move the pancake compressor to the top, to remove it from floor space, and I needed to hook the hose reel up on top.
    I attached another 2x4, and as I was doing this, up on the ladder, the phone started again, so just out of curiosity, I answered it, like a jerk,and I shouldnt have.
    (btw, my phone just rang as I was typing, seems they all settled and figured it out and the problem is sovled, this second)
    I was holding the porter cable nailer, I put it down, answered the phone, up on the ladder, and after I put the phone back in my pocket, I picked up the nailer, still angry, and sure enough, that 2.5 inch nail shot slanted and right into my finger. It didnt go too deep, and I cursed like heck, but decided I needed to take a break, because me working up on a ladder, with power tools, angry, aggrevated, is not the right mixture, so with my finger stinging, I laid the gun down, came down the ladder, and as I stepped off the bottom step, I tripped over the air line since I was so angry I shot my finger, I didnt clear the line, just threw the gun on the ledge.
    I twisted my ankle slightly, nothing bad, but now Im sitting here with ice on my ankle, and my thumb throbbing.

Im sorry, this is a vent and serves no purpose other than to share my what started off as a great machine purchase day, into a cruddy nightmare.

Im so glad I retired.

IM sorry for the long sentences with no breaks. Im just angry at how stupid I am.
    Last edited by allen levine; 10-18-2010 at 05:46 PM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well Allen, what can I say. It could be worse, at least there was no major injury.

And ya got to go tool shopping.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Portland, Oregon
    They say a motion to adjourn is always in order, Ill second that. Sit down and catch your breath.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Amherst, New Hampshire
    That's one of those days when the best thing you can do is laugh about it and figure that tomorrow just has to be a much better day.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Sounds like a normal day here.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    You yankees just live too fast a life... if you were in a southern state, you could just let it all flow by...................

Retirement gets better, just wait for it............................, wait for it, ......................................wait for it...............................
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

new york city burbs
    I taped up my finger and put an ace bandage on. enough of this nonsense.
    I got all the wood sorted between yesterday and today. All the pieces laying on top of each other in the way, I labeled and put on top.
    I managed to get the hose reel and the tank up on top, but then realized I couldnt reach the on off switch and I could just turn up the hose.
    So a little stick with a knob at the end, fits into the hose handle so I can turn it quickly and easy without stretching, and hit the on off switch with it.(Im thinking its time for a self winding retractable line now)
    Ill have to climb up every few days and drain it.

I must have cleaned out 100s of items over the weekend, throwing out or giving away, but its all gone now. I decided to keep a couple of items. One I figured if Im going to be climbing up top now for things, might as well keep a pair of these handy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabinet 020 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	50181

my camera really isnt that bad, I just cant seem to hold it steady most of the time. some nice clear shots for a change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinet 015 (Medium).jpg   cabinet 016 (Medium).jpg   cabinet 018 (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by allen levine; 10-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island
    Crazy Cora: Don't worry, on a new job(retirement) it's quite common for things not to go well at first. ...
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    You yankees just live too fast a life... if you were in a southern state, you could just let it all flow by...................

Retirement gets better, just wait for it............................, wait for it, ......................................wait for it...............................
    As a displaced Yankee I have to agree with you. When I first got down here...the LOML and I used to laugh at the store clerks, government workers, etc that were native to FLorida....but damn if We did not turn into them!

Santa Claus, In
    Sorry about your day.

The drain is no big deal. Just make it longer. Should be standard pipe threads. Have the drain come down to a height you can reach. Maybe even run it to a wall where you can drain it outside. On the threads, I am thinking 3/8 pipe, but don't hold me to that.