It cant get any worse today, venting

allen levine

I had a very nice weekend, even though I lost fox network and couldnt watch the Giants game yesterday.
I sat last night reviewing stats on the sawstop cabinet saw and the 22-44, both purchases Ill make this coming week, so I was feeling pretty nice.
I went out to the tool guy this morning, trying my best to get something out of him, did my best, there isnt much bending when it comes to these machines, but Im squeezing a little
Came home, my pancake tank had a leaky drain plug, so back to the tool guy, yeah,!!!!!!!wooohoooooo!!!! he had the part....so things are going well.
That was it.
The calls starting coming in, the bank, the attorneys, seemed there was a foul up(isnt it redundant to use bank and foul up in same sentence?), so I was told to run over to the local branch.
I was covered in muck from the garage, my hands stained dark brown from the junk that shot out of the tank, but I cleaned up and headed over to the local branch, cause this is how I want to spend my retirement.
After much confusion, I walked out thinking it was all ok.
Then the calls started again, seems there are just too many attorneys and not all of them understand each other. wow, thats all I can say.
I was on my house phone on one call, holding on my cell on another, and my wife came home and was on her cell phone with someone else.
It all got settled, so I thought.
So now Im trying, or should say attempting to move the pancake compressor to the top, to remove it from floor space, and I needed to hook the hose reel up on top.
I attached another 2x4, and as I was doing this, up on the ladder, the phone started again, so just out of curiosity, I answered it, like a jerk,and I shouldnt have.
(btw, my phone just rang as I was typing, seems they all settled and figured it out and the problem is sovled, this second)
I was holding the porter cable nailer, I put it down, answered the phone, up on the ladder, and after I put the phone back in my pocket, I picked up the nailer, still angry, and sure enough, that 2.5 inch nail shot slanted and right into my finger. It didnt go too deep, and I cursed like heck, but decided I needed to take a break, because me working up on a ladder, with power tools, angry, aggrevated, is not the right mixture, so with my finger stinging, I laid the gun down, came down the ladder, and as I stepped off the bottom step, I tripped over the air line since I was so angry I shot my finger, I didnt clear the line, just threw the gun on the ledge.
I twisted my ankle slightly, nothing bad, but now Im sitting here with ice on my ankle, and my thumb throbbing.

Im sorry, this is a vent and serves no purpose other than to share my what started off as a great machine purchase day, into a cruddy nightmare.

Im so glad I retired.

IM sorry for the long sentences with no breaks. Im just angry at how stupid I am.

Last edited:
You yankees just live too fast a life... if you were in a southern state, you could just let it all flow by...................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Retirement gets better, just wait for it............................, wait for it, ......................................wait for it...............................:wave:

I taped up my finger and put an ace bandage on. enough of this nonsense.
I got all the wood sorted between yesterday and today. All the pieces laying on top of each other in the way, I labeled and put on top.
I managed to get the hose reel and the tank up on top, but then realized I couldnt reach the on off switch and I could just turn up the hose.
So a little stick with a knob at the end, fits into the hose handle so I can turn it quickly and easy without stretching, and hit the on off switch with it.(Im thinking its time for a self winding retractable line now)
Ill have to climb up every few days and drain it.

I must have cleaned out 100s of items over the weekend, throwing out or giving away, but its all gone now. I decided to keep a couple of items. One I figured if Im going to be climbing up top now for things, might as well keep a pair of these handy.cabinet 020 (Medium).jpg

my camera really isnt that bad, I just cant seem to hold it steady most of the time. some nice clear shots for a change.

Attachments

• cabinet 015 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 015 (Medium).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 31
  • cabinet 016 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 016 (Medium).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 32
  • cabinet 018 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 018 (Medium).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You yankees just live too fast a life... if you were in a southern state, you could just let it all flow by...................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Retirement gets better, just wait for it............................, wait for it, ......................................wait for it...............................:wave:

As a displaced Yankee I have to agree with you. When I first got down here...the LOML and I used to laugh at the store clerks, government workers, etc that were native to FLorida....but damn if We did not turn into them!

Sorry about your day.

The drain is no big deal. Just make it longer. Should be standard pipe threads. Have the drain come down to a height you can reach. Maybe even run it to a wall where you can drain it outside. On the threads, I am thinking 3/8 pipe, but don't hold me to that.

Allen, dear, ;) when was the last time you had a tetanus booster? You know you have to get them at least every 10 years.....do you need a tetanus shot? Sorry to be a bore, but if you were my son or my husband or my brother, I'd drag you to get one. :D And put your feet up for the rest of the day...pick up a good book. Watch the boob tube. No more anything with sharp tools. I send you a kiss to make it better. :)

...Ill have to climb up every few days and drain it...

Allen,
You need one of these:

attachment.php

It connects to the tank drain, and the Compressor's power cord, and drains the tank at whatever interval you set. Mine drains for one second every hour or so when the compressor is turned on.

Attachments

• Drain3.jpg (Medium).JPG
    Drain3.jpg (Medium).JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 89
Allen, dear, ;) when was the last time you had a tetanus booster? You know you have to get them at least every 10 years.....do you need a tetanus shot? Sorry to be a bore, but if you were my son or my husband or my brother, I'd drag you to get one. :D And put your feet up for the rest of the day...pick up a good book. Watch the boob tube. No more anything with sharp tools. I send you a kiss to make it better. :)

I had one in 88, one again in 2002, or 03, so I dont think I need another shot.
Im waiting on the Yankees tonight.

Dang Allen, your story read like a Three Stooges script. Glad it wasn't worse, but it sounds like a Yankees game and an adult beverage or three will be just the ticket for tonight.

I had a very nice weekend, even though I lost fox network and couldnt watch the Giants game yesterday.
I sat last night reviewing stats on the sawstop cabinet saw and the 22-44, both purchases Ill make this coming week, so I was feeling pretty nice.
I went out to the tool guy this morning, trying my best to get something out of him, did my best, there isnt much bending when it comes to these machines, but Im squeezing a little
Came home, my pancake tank had a leaky drain plug, so back to the tool guy, yeah,!!!!!!!wooohoooooo!!!! he had the part....so things are going well.
That was it.
The calls starting coming in, the bank, the attorneys, seemed there was a foul up(isnt it redundant to use bank and foul up in same sentence?), so I was told to run over to the local branch.
I was covered in muck from the garage, my hands stained dark brown from the junk that shot out of the tank, but I cleaned up and headed over to the local branch, cause this is how I want to spend my retirement.
After much confusion, I walked out thinking it was all ok.
Then the calls started again, seems there are just too many attorneys and not all of them understand each other. wow, thats all I can say.
I was on my house phone on one call, holding on my cell on another, and my wife came home and was on her cell phone with someone else.
It all got settled, so I thought.
So now Im trying, or should say attempting to move the pancake compressor to the top, to remove it from floor space, and I needed to hook the hose reel up on top.
I attached another 2x4, and as I was doing this, up on the ladder, the phone started again, so just out of curiosity, I answered it, like a jerk,and I shouldnt have.
(btw, my phone just rang as I was typing, seems they all settled and figured it out and the problem is sovled, this second)
I was holding the porter cable nailer, I put it down, answered the phone, up on the ladder, and after I put the phone back in my pocket, I picked up the nailer, still angry, and sure enough, that 2.5 inch nail shot slanted and right into my finger. It didnt go too deep, and I cursed like heck, but decided I needed to take a break, because me working up on a ladder, with power tools, angry, aggrevated, is not the right mixture, so with my finger stinging, I laid the gun down, came down the ladder, and as I stepped off the bottom step, I tripped over the air line since I was so angry I shot my finger, I didnt clear the line, just threw the gun on the ledge.
I twisted my ankle slightly, nothing bad, but now Im sitting here with ice on my ankle, and my thumb throbbing.

Im sorry, this is a vent and serves no purpose other than to share my what started off as a great machine purchase day, into a cruddy nightmare.

Im so glad I retired.

IM sorry for the long sentences with no breaks. Im just angry at how stupid I am.

Just one little piece of advice, don't ever think it can't get any worse...but it will also get a LOT better!

Sorry to hear your tool purchase day was spoilt. Good you did not do more serious damage.

Now i went and looked this up for you. Its a little cheaper than Jims unit.:)

I dont have one but have heard they work great anyone want to comment on how well they work. For less than $10 bucks i dont think you can go wrong.

They have a 100% satisfaction warranty on it.:)

Sorry to hear your tool purchase day was spoilt. Good you did not do more serious damage.

I dont have one but have heard they work great anyone want to comment on how well they work. For less than $10 bucks i dont think you can go wrong.

Rob, I noticed this bit in the Owner's Manual for that valve:

The Drainer Kit is designed to be used on compressors that have poly or nylon “unloader” tubing and not with compressors with “unloader” tubing made of Copper or Aluminum.

All the compressors I've owned (both large and small) had metal unloader tubes.

Also, I have reservations about Harbor Freight compressor accessories. I've gone through several of their air line filters/moisture traps, and each one has leaked, either from the beginning, or shortly after being put into service. Although HF does have a great return policy, I'm hesitant to put something on my compressor that might cause a leak, especially since I sometimes forget to turn mine off when I leave the shop. A leak on an unattended compressor can be a bad thing, as it can cause the compressor to overheat and catch fire.

Rob (and Allen),
I had one of those before I got the IR model. It never did work right, and it also leaked down when the compressor was off for a couple hours. I used it for about three months before I got fed up with it.

I leave the petcock valve on my small compressor always open just a crack. Just so air barely hisses out. It forces the moisture out and never has to be drained. It's a Air-Mate over 11 years old and still runs great.