Sources for potpourri lids?

michael james

Would you kind people share where you get your pewter lids? I know of Packard, PSI and craft USA. Bernie has a cool one from hallmark. The little pots seem like gratifying practice, but I'd get sick of the same 4 designs.
Thanks in advance,
Michal

After an exhaustive:rolleyes::rolleyes: Google search:rofl::rofl: I found a few more sources with a few different option. Didn't someone have a ceramic one posted awhile ago?:huh:

http://executiveaccessories.com/main_lid_style.htm

http://www.altwise.com/page/crafts/index.html

http://www.dayacom.com.tw/product_01.php?prod_item_id=14

Hmmmm executive accessories..... completed products
dayacom is wholesale only, no price quotes to "me the little people"
Thanks for looking.... there seem to be about 10 different ones easily available... the fit is so bad on these Im temped to turn and scrollsaw my own...but then I remember Im lazy.....:D

ps - craft supplies USA has 8 styles + they have the cloisonne lids which is what I think you were referring to. Just got a fresh catalog!

Last edited:
Michael, I liked you comment about scrolling some lids. I've been pondering that for a while now because I love to use my scroll saw. I think some scrolled lids out of contrasting wood with some carving to add texture would be a great project. Why don't you go first so I can see how an expert does it. I'm not real good at the scrolling and carving.

:woot::woohoo:
Michael, Why don't you go first so I can see how an expert does it. I'm not real good at the scrolling and carving.

Now that's funny, but thanks for the vote of confidence!:woohoo:
Paul I just got my mini holloiwing rig, and will p/u the delta in Dec. Im afraid Im going to be QA'ing these badboys until at least spring:) The scrol saw does a good job as an aux table for misc stuff when Im makig pens over between the drill press and the disk sander.
If I was to do it today (who knows in a month or longer) I would find the piece, find a way to chuck it up and turn it correct size. Then find a design you like and glue it on...drill the holes and whip out the dremel or fasc.
Im pretty sure there's somenone here who has actually done this and can tell us zactly how to do it the easy way!
Thanks,
Michael

I scrolled a lid a while back, :thumb:

Like I said earlier, I am looking for a Pineapple lid as LOML is an avid Pineapple collector, (I wear pineapple shirts so she will talk to me :eek:)

It was a fun project and I may do another...

Attachments

• P9210003s.jpg
    P9210003s.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 33
  • P9210004s.jpg
    P9210004s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 40
Just courious, Did you ever find a good source for lids, or different sourse?

Not beyond what is mentioned here, and no luck with the local hallmark. I did order a few from craft supplies for now. I hope they fit better. I got some of the ceramic inserts but they are lid inlays rather than a potpourri lid...although I suppose one could use it that way, but only ~ 2".
mj