Or should that be I'm back in black:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• tn_black 001.JPG
    tn_black 001.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 25
  • tn_black 002.JPG
    tn_black 002.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 26
Oh and at least the guy is talking about doing the rest of them now. If that goes it will make it so I have 29 left to do:doh::eek::eek:

i feel for you,, i hope yur gonna get what yu need for doing this,, and on the others go to another stripper and if yu didnt spray these i would to help on the paint time.. good luck chuck:):thumb:

Chuck you a better man than me. I could not do that job. Just not suited to it. What makes it worse for me is that they old. Sorry. I applaud you.

As Larry said i hope you getting your value here. If you do 29 is there any merit in setting up a 44gallon drum cut in half to make a stripping bath and use some of the stuff Dave uses in large quantities to make the stripping more efficient.

I realize you have come to realize there aint no shortcut but dang man we feel for you so i aint gonna give up the ideas.

Also a friend of mine has a 3M disc on his sander. I cannot quiet describe it but its kinda hard and kinda soft. Looks like a bunch of plastic that has trickled into a sheet and then had discs cut from them. This thing strips paint off metal fantastically but no filings of metal. Its an amazing thing and about 3/4 inch thick. Will try to find a pic but to be honest i have not seen it in the stores.

Here you go its a Roloc Clean and Strip its surely worth a try. He used it in a large grinder of course its meant for automotive but i seen at the 3M site while i was searching where its used in marine work too.

The thing is its course enough that it wont clogg but light enough that it wont leave a rasped finish. I would certainly try it out on some other heavily painted wood. But imagine you could go at it before stripping with the disc and then use the stripping to get in where you cannot with the disc. Opening up the paint layers should surely help the stripping mix. :dunno:

Good luck Chuck.:thumb:

As of today the shutter painting is done.:thumb:
Next up hardware and hanging them.
For the pic police...no more pics until the are hung:thumb: