Jet Lathe Bed Extension Question

Dan Mosley

I called Jet (wmh) today and asked about a bed extension for my Jet 1642 EVS lathe. They told me that I could order it from them or from one of their distributors. They have a 20" extension and a 57" extension available and comes with an additional leg similar to the lathe.

From Jet -20" - $316.00 plus $34.00 shipping----57" - $808.00 plus shipping
Southern Tool - 20" - $237 plus shipping -----57" - $538.00 plus shipping
Woodworker.com 20" - $381 plus shp ----57" - $583.00

Anybody know of a cheaper source ? and anybody tell me how well the extension work ?............Thanks Dan

I have the 18" extension (no leg) for my 3520B, and it works very nicely...no complaints.

You might check with Sean at The Toolnut to see what he can do for prices. He can usually beat other dealers on price.

Amazon does not have the ones for the 1642 but thanks and ill try toolnut tomm.......call them to see.............wish you had more choice besides just 20 or 57".............seems one is to short and the other longer than I wanted

Frank...........yeah that may be better the price comes close to getting the 57 from the cheapest retailer within $100 ......meaning $480 vs. $538.......it would take up alot of room and be less mobile like I have it now. I have a garage I work out of and most of my larger things are movable.
You have a good point though.............thanks Dan

if or when you buy 2 20inch extender,will you need the leg with both of them ? buying 1 leg instead of 2 legs will save some $

spoke with Jet today - you can not connect 2 - 20" together without doing some modification which I do not really want to do. So it is either buy the 20" which will bolt on or the 57" which takes up alot more room than I wanted..................probably will go with the 20"..........thanks to all