Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more in the family

One more in the family

Well, it was born in September 10 and as I wasn't sure wether it was going to survive I waited until now to share the good news.

Here you see my little earth turtle, as it came out from the egg. I had the luck to see the mother laying them and I've been monitoring them since, from 4 this is the only one that arrived to a good end. The others one was rotten and the other two were broken. I think it was the mother when laying them as I protected the place inmediately so that nobody could step on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01 turtle.jpg   02 turtle.jpg   03 turtle.jpg   04 turtle.jpg   05 turtle.jpg  

Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Really neat, Toni!

Are those an endangered species? Here in the U.S., nearly all the land-based turtles (tortoises, actually) are protected and/or endangered species.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    cool Toni, That last picture with your finger give some perspective as to how small it is.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Very cool Toni!

Was this right outside your house?

That is so cool.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Really neat, Toni!

Are those an endangered species? Here in the U.S., nearly all the land-based turtles (tortoises, actually) are protected and/or endangered species.
    Yes they are considered endangered species, you can only buy them from a certified breeder, some years ago it was forbidden the sole possesion of them, now as there are some breeders, they can sell them provided that a percentage of the new born babies are released in nature. I'm not a breeder and I consider myself very lucky to have this one, as the mother was borrowed from a friend of mine.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Very cool Toni!

Was this right outside your house?
    Yes, it is in my garden.
    Best regards,
    Toni

that is neater than all get out. So what's you going to name it? Pumpkin? It is Halloween season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    that is neater than all get out. So what's you going to name it? Pumpkin? It is Halloween season.
    No idea I leave it to LOML, it is her baby, she is spoiling it already, and as we don't know yet whether it is a male or female we call it September to remember when it was born, like the Earth Wind & Fire song. ( Althought it is not its definitive name, shell calls it "the little girl" as turtle in spanish is a female name.
    Best regards,
    Toni

Cool Toni
    We found 2 musk turtles that where that size in our driveway this summer.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.