Laser Engraving Acrylic pens?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, I have a friend who wants me to make some pens for graduations presents for next year. They recipients are snowboarders, so I'm leaning to finding some wild and crazy acrylic blanks for the pens.

She'd also like for the pens to have the name and year engraved on the pen.

Just wondering how that works with acrylics? I wouldn't have any problem getting them engraved, then filling it in with a contrasting color, then re-finihsing.

Just wondering if anyone here has any info on engraving acrylics?

Pete Simmons is THE man! He is a family member here. You can pm him through the forum or visit him at laserimageart.com or woodpenman.com and leave him a message. Turn around time, attention to detail, all top notch.

Pete Simmons is THE man! He is a family member here. You can pm him through the forum or visit him at laserimageart.com or woodpenman.com and leave him a message. Turn around time, attention to detail, all top notch.

I'll second the motion. :thumb: Pete will know, and if it can be done, he'll take good care of you.

Another one for Pete:thumb: I have had him do pens for me and never been dissatisfied, actually I will be showing some of Pete's and Jonathan's work next week as soon as the final coats of finish is done on the presentation box:thumb: