Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good day --things changed

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines

Smile Good day --things changed

I took the day off and went to my dad's as he was having a cateract removed from his eye. After he got home my sis was there so I went out to cut a couple of trees. I cut down a mulberry that he said was dieing and cleaned it up. Later I went down to the timber and cut a dead red elm. I am going to make a jewerly box for LOML out of the red elm. I to make it out of a wood that you don't see much of. Things were going well until I started to load the logs. I was loading them with a tractor and loader. A swing log makes a good battering ram. Oh well better luck next time. The first 2 pics are the mulberry and the 3rd the red elm. The center log is a burr oak and the other 2 are the red elm. They are not real big but I think that they will work. There are also some crotches on top for the people down (turners) if they want them. I may have to fall and try it.
    Last edited by Rex Bloem; 07-11-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Well, That gives a new definition to the concept of 'Free' Wood!

Sorry about the truck, but I'm sure interested to see what comes out of those logs!

oops
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Ouch. Looking forward to seeing what you find inside those logs, though.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Ouch is right.

How did your dad's surgery go? Mine is seeing his doc for the same thing, hasn't got it scheduled yet though.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Darren
    The surgery went real well. He lives 5 mile from town and we went in and back home in just over 2 hrs. He says that he can see better already. He said before that it was like looking thru a foggy windshied.

Good to hear it went well. Yeah, my dad said he went to get new glasses cause he was having the same kind of issue and they told him to go see a surgeon. Hopefully he'll get it done soon, said he was having issues seeing the street signs.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bloem View Post
    Darren
    The surgery went real well. He lives 5 mile from town and we went in and back home in just over 2 hrs. He says that he can see better already. He said before that it was like looking thru a foggy windshied.
    My wife had both eyes done a couple years ago - cataract removal/lens replacement. Virtually no pain, or even discomfort, and was 20/20 when she went back for the three-day checkup. She'd been 20/400 before.

I hope your dad's goes that well, too!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    My wife had both eyes done a couple years ago - cataract removal/lens replacement. Virtually no pain, or even discomfort, and was 20/20 when she went back for the three-day checkup. She'd been 20/400 before.

I hope your dad's goes that well, too!
    I'va had it in right eye. The procedure is a non-issue. Can see like at 20 year old from that eye again.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    My Mom had both done and when she was done she had 20/20 vision.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward