Good day --things changed

I took the day off and went to my dad's as he was having a cateract removed from his eye. After he got home my sis was there so I went out to cut a couple of trees. I cut down a mulberry that he said was dieing and cleaned it up. Later I went down to the timber and cut a dead red elm. I am going to make a jewerly box for LOML out of the red elm. I to make it out of a wood that you don't see much of. Things were going well until I started to load the logs. I was loading them with a tractor and loader. A swing log makes a good battering ram. Oh well better luck next time. The first 2 pics are the mulberry and the 3rd the red elm. The center log is a burr oak and the other 2 are the red elm. They are not real big but I think that they will work. There are also some crotches on top for the people down (turners) if they want them. I may have to fall and try it.

Last edited:
Well, That gives a new definition to the concept of 'Free' Wood! :eek:

Sorry about the truck, but I'm sure interested to see what comes out of those logs! :thumb:

Good to hear it went well. Yeah, my dad said he went to get new glasses cause he was having the same kind of issue and they told him to go see a surgeon. Hopefully he'll get it done soon, said he was having issues seeing the street signs.

Darren
The surgery went real well. He lives 5 mile from town and we went in and back home in just over 2 hrs. He says that he can see better already. He said before that it was like looking thru a foggy windshied.

My wife had both eyes done a couple years ago - cataract removal/lens replacement. Virtually no pain, or even discomfort, and was 20/20 when she went back for the three-day checkup. She'd been 20/400 before.

I hope your dad's goes that well, too!

My wife had both eyes done a couple years ago - cataract removal/lens replacement. Virtually no pain, or even discomfort, and was 20/20 when she went back for the three-day checkup. She'd been 20/400 before.

I hope your dad's goes that well, too!

I'va had it in right eye. The procedure is a non-issue. Can see like at 20 year old from that eye again.

Good to hear all went well with your dad's surgery... we have that coming up in the near future for Dianne... she has diabetes and that always messes with the eyes and she was having some problems... the doctor said she has a wrinkle in her retina on the left eye and some signs of cataracts both... she wants to wait until after my show season is over in Dec then she's going to have corrective surgery.

Good day- things changed

Today I took my 3 small logs to a mill nearby. While I was there my BIL called and said that he was taking down the other walnut tree. (I thought he had taken them both down last week.) So I hurried home and unloaded and headed out for the 50 mile one way run. I fixed the rear window and got the trailer from dad. It took a bit of work, but I got the bugger loaded. Took the trailer back to dad and will add a couple more logs before I bring them up here to be milled. The sawyer was a very nice guy and had been doing this for 10-12 years. He changed $75.00 I don't know if that is good or bad, but I'm happy with his work. The pic of the boards standing up are red elm. The mill is a timber king with a 30" cut. The 4th pic is the walnut log and the 5th loading the log. We rolled the log up unto a couple of small pieces and then unhooked the trailer and more or less pulled the trailer under the log.

Attachments

• 100_0220 (600 x 452).jpg
    100_0220 (600 x 452).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0221 (600 x 452).jpg
    100_0221 (600 x 452).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0222 (600 x 452).jpg
    100_0222 (600 x 452).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0223 (600 x 452).jpg
    100_0223 (600 x 452).jpg