Light Tubes

Does anyone have any experience with light tubes like this as opposed to skylights? Do they really shed a lot of light?

thanks cynthia

4chsmu1.gif

They work pretty well, had a friend that had two in his house. Looked like they were easy to install since they didn't require any structural changes to speak of.

Cynthia, my parents had one installed 10 or so years ago.

It is very easy to install since it just fits between trusses. No cutting of structural members is required.

They had it installed in an interior bathroom (They live in a duplex) and absolutely love it. Depending on the weather it gives light comparable to a 40-60watt lightbulb. At first they had several people look for the light switch, since it gave so much light!

Their neighbour promptly had one installed in his bathroom, since He was so impressed with theirs.

...art

I installed a couple or 3 in a new home. The owner was the local distributor. Easy to install, on new construction. Shouldn't be too bad for existing either. They work extremely well, from what I saw.

Light tube

We have one installed in our bathroom and we love it. I'm amazed at the amount of light it provides. Even on a cloudy night there is sufficient moon light to provide adequate lighting. We have no windows in our master bath and I have never had to turn a light on in the middle of the night.

Personally, I think they're fantastic and have put in a dozen or so over the years. They're extremely easy to install compared to a skylight. I think the first one took about 2 hours and the subsequent ones were probably faster by 30 minutes or so.