Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Malignant Melanoma "Update" :)

Malignant Melanoma "Update" :)

Malignant Melanoma that is the bad news.
    The good news is it is in the early stages, not the earliest, but certainly not the worst. The initial pathology is that it has not spread, but further testing is needed, from the piece of tissue they removed, the were no cancer cells present in the surrounding tissue, only in the tumor.
    I've been given a Clark Score of Level III and a JACC Stage I A and IB.
    I'm still digesting what that all means.
    Today I had some blood tests and a CT scan, tomorrow, a Saturday (yes they are moving aggressively) I will have more tests including some sort of isotope test (some of the terminology is frustrating to translate) On the 8th or 9th of November they will again go in and remove tissue, dependent on the test results it will be just more from my back around the melanoma site, or it will also include a lymph node, I just do not know yet.

I do know that I'm up for the fight and will not let this get me down, heck, it might even help move along my weight loss

Cheers!
    Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 10-28-2010 at 05:54 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Dang, that wasn't the news I was hoping to hear. Sounds like your doctors are on top of things, and I know you're up for the fight. Wishing the best for you from here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Not what I wanted to hear either my friend. You have a great attitude and will get through this just fine. You'll be in our prayers.

You're in our thoughts and prayers, Stu. Be strong!
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Certainly not good news! Hopefully, if the margins were clear after the initial surgery, they got it all and the testing today/tomorrow will show no need for further action.

Best of luck for a 'clean' followup!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Stu, personally I think you got a good set of docs looking out for you. I want that type of doc (aggressive) versus a "margins are clear go have a good life". Dad goes in today for more removal off of his left cheek in front of his ear. They treat him aggressively as he has a past history with colon cancer, yes, I know, different types blah blah blah. But his surgeons and attending doc are not giving him the option to take a minimal risk, their plan is clean edges/clean bill of health. Go get 'em skinny, you got the energy to do this now.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Stu,
    You definitely will be in our prayers. Good luck bro.

well that sucks Stu. On the good note it is still in the early stages and it has not penetrated the skin layer yet. It has not spread and is contained. The lympnodes will tell the rest and there is no need to worry about anything till you hear back on those results. The waiting is by far the most frustrating part of it. Janet was diagnosed fast and they treated her fast and that seems to be the key. At least your docs are acting agressive with it and that is a good sign too.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I agree it sucks. But look for the positives. a) you caught it b) you lucky enough to be among the few people in this world able to get decent health treatment c) it too will pass.

Great that the testing is moving ahead quickly, its the self created mind games that are the biggest cause of agony.

Keep your chin up as my mom used to say. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    cheers

Im sending all good vibes from this side of the planet.