Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imma gonna be an I-developer...

Imma gonna be an I-developer...

Been a good couple of years at work.

Been learning some new programming tools (Flex and Silverlight), and now my work just shipped me an Ipod touch so I can start doing some mobile programming.

So, Looks like I get to learn something new again pretty soon. Nothing drives my productivity like the opportunity to learn something new!

Now I just have to figure out how to turn the darn thing on

Cool stuff ... when you learn HTML5, come down here and teach it to me in time for the w3c to decide it's a standard

I've been slowly accepting libraries myself. I'm much more a fan of writing from scratch than anything else but there's just no TIME or BUDGET for that these days so I've been embracing lots of jquery and jqueryui stuff lately. Can't get into flex or any of the more visual stuff, myself. I push bits better'n i push pixels, I guess

New stuff always keeps it interesting. Good industry for that, eh?
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Yeah, looking forward to HTML5...

We started doing Flex. Then the corporate standard got switched to Silverlight

I much prefer flex, but whatcha gonna do?

I'm not to well versed in the jquery type stuff. I basically create the apps from end to end. I typically put together a backend server app in java that runs on tomcat. That app fetches data from a variety of databases. The front ends then point to that.

I'm in a group that concentrates on doing rapid application development, so I typically do the whole app from interface requirements, design, and development with input from the Marketeers and other groups. It keeps things interesting, that's for sure...

Sounds like a fun adventure. I bought the iphone development for dummies book, but it's setting next to my Sketchup for Dummies...both un opened.

Oh and I regret to inform you...you're going to have to buy a new camera as this doesn't support your camera.

This app is the one I started to write for android and actually have a working version of it. Should be back to working on it within the next month after some house stuff gets done.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Oh and I regret to inform you...you're going to have to buy a new camera as this doesn't support your camera.
    Shh.... (Sharon does watch every post I make....)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Well, just buy the upgraded model of the same one...they all look alike...my wife just thinks a gun is a gun is a gun...as long as I don't buy one other than black...it's the same gun....right?

Ooops...oh yeah...she might be reading this.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Ooops...oh yeah...she might be reading this.
    Quit giving away my secrets!!!!!!

Well, as long as you don't talk about how you leave things in the truck and then hide them the next morning while she's sleeping...

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    OK, now we all know Brent is naive (and secretly regrets the visit from The Tour that got me signed up).

I hear him shouting into the phone now trying to get it to shut down...I'll keep you updated on his progress

How do I shut this crazy thing off!!!!

Ahh, found the hidden button at the top of the gizmo....