Imma gonna be an I-developer...

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Been a good couple of years at work.

Been learning some new programming tools (Flex and Silverlight), and now my work just shipped me an Ipod touch so I can start doing some mobile programming.

So, Looks like I get to learn something new again pretty soon. Nothing drives my productivity like the opportunity to learn something new!

Now I just have to figure out how to turn the darn thing on :huh:

Cool stuff ... when you learn HTML5, come down here and teach it to me in time for the w3c to decide it's a standard :D

I've been slowly accepting libraries myself. I'm much more a fan of writing from scratch than anything else but there's just no TIME or BUDGET for that these days so I've been embracing lots of jquery and jqueryui stuff lately. Can't get into flex or any of the more visual stuff, myself. I push bits better'n i push pixels, I guess :)

New stuff always keeps it interesting. Good industry for that, eh? :D

Yeah, looking forward to HTML5...

We started doing Flex. Then the corporate standard got switched to Silverlight:huh:

I much prefer flex, but whatcha gonna do?

I'm not to well versed in the jquery type stuff. I basically create the apps from end to end. I typically put together a backend server app in java that runs on tomcat. That app fetches data from a variety of databases. The front ends then point to that.

I'm in a group that concentrates on doing rapid application development, so I typically do the whole app from interface requirements, design, and development with input from the Marketeers and other groups. It keeps things interesting, that's for sure...

Sounds like a fun adventure. I bought the iphone development for dummies book, but it's setting next to my Sketchup for Dummies...both un opened.

Oh and I regret to inform you...you're going to have to buy a new camera as this doesn't support your camera. ;)

This app is the one I started to write for android and actually have a working version of it. Should be back to working on it within the next month after some house stuff gets done.

...Oh and I regret to inform you...you're going to have to buy a new camera as this doesn't support your camera. ;)...

I keep looking at that site, trying to talk myself into getting the app. Of course, I don't have a computer anywhere near where I typically take photos (and no laptop), so I just can't justify the $20 just for the wow factor. Now if I had a laptop, it might be a different story.

I do have an RF remote for my D5000, though. That's pretty slick, but I cant display what the viewfinder is seeing on my iPhone.

Interesting.

Who would use that? So the camera has to be connected to the computer to use it? Seems a little restrictive, even if it was a laptop.

But that reminds me, I need to look for a transport control app to use to control my recording software while I take the microphone and headphones into the bathroom to record my, ahem, vocals...

...But that reminds me, I need to look for a transport control app to use to control my recording software while I take the microphone and headphones into the bathroom to record my, ahem, vocals...

This is a friend's photo, taken of a guitarist he played with back in 1985. (Gary Cook, a great player BTW.) They were recording a demo and had the amp and mics set up in the shower.

n693254577_1260293_8002.jpg

Interesting.

Who would use that? So the camera has to be connected to the computer to use it? Seems a little restrictive, even if it was a laptop.

But that reminds me, I need to look for a transport control app to use to control my recording software while I take the microphone and headphones into the bathroom to record my, ahem, vocals...

I think for studio shoots that were large enough that you had to walk over move someone's arm up a bit or something like that, you could see if it was correct without having to walk back to the camera. Or if you needed to hold an extra light, it would give you some freedom to do that.

I think the 1.99 version would work good if you don't want to change the settings of the camera, just need a wireless remote. The 1.99 version still sends the last still shot to the camera.

Just my .02